OT -- -- ANYONE WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolK, Jan 24, 2006.

1. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I am having so much fun watching American Idol! I love the beginning of the season just to enjoy the humor of it all... before it gets to the serious competition!

It's hard to believe that there are so many tone-deaf people who think they can really sing! too funny! And talk about "bad attitudes".. what's up with some of these kids? Amazing!

But then I do enjoy watching the real talent emerge! So far there doesn't seem to be too many men coming to the fore front... but who knows, maybe they are keeping the guys under wraps to surprise us in the weeks ahead.

Well enjoy the upcoming season! Just don't bother calling me on Tuesday evenings at 8pm... I will be watching AI!!

Blessings... CarolK
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

the mother that had the 19 year old teen there...i couldn't believe the poor mother, is either in denial or just doesn't get he stinks and is wasting money on vocal lessons...

jodie
  3. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Hi Jodi...Yeah.. that's what I am talking about... it seems this season there are far more "weirdo's" and tone-deaf people than ever!!

I don't see how Paula, Randy and Simon can sit there for hours and listen to these people. I think many of them just want their 30 seconds of fame ... even though they know they have no talent! But like I said, it's good for a laugh!

CarolK
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]
  4. mistress-o-pain

mistress-o-pain New Member

I absolutely love the show! It's on Wednesdays too. I am rooting for the 16 year old cowboy so far.
  5. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

i watched last night and last tuesday - holy cow! so many bad singers lol

my favorite is the guy from last week who just bounced around the whole time and they actually wanted him to go on to the next level!

i also love how they show all at the same time the people singing the same song terribly lol. i can't get enough!
  6. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

When I was a young girl, my Mother once told me "honey, if you want to sing, sing in the choir, but don't try to ever sing a solo"!

She new I couldn't sing,( I knew it too),but, I never forgot what she said. She didn't say it in an unkind way, more of kind of in a joking way, but I knew what she meant. I wonder why some of these Mothers will let their kids embarrass themselves like that??!! But, if they didn't we wouldn't have such a fun show to watch!!

What about that girl that took after Paula...her language was horrible!!!

Kinsie

7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I was a die-hard AI fan for seasons 1 & 2, but couldn't really get into the last two. BUT I always watch the first few weeks to see the terrible people (who they put before the judges on purpose for humor and ratings) and to see if there is anyone worth watching the rest of the season for.

I did really like the blond girl last night who sang the Kelly Clarkson song. And the cowboy is very sweet and innocent - I hope this experience will teach him a lot about the world beyond his farm, but not corrupt him too much!! :)

The granddaughter of the Sounds of Blackness singer was amazing too (especially for only 16 or 17).

I am disappointed that there haven't really been that many stand-out men so far. (I'm a closet Clay Aiken freak and none of them even compare!!)
  8. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Oh, and what is the deal with Rhonetta?? She was having a blast fest on Paula and unless they really, really edited out a lot of her audition, Paula didn't even say anything to her!?!? She went off a little on Simon, but nothing about Randy when I was Randy who actually did most of the negative talking during her audition.

She had a horrible attitude and her little spat just made her look like a complete fool. Plus, she didn't have any vocal talent anyway.

Some people are just completely disillusional!!
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hooray for this program!! I laughed until I cried. The auditions are so funny. They have their sad moments, too, but mostly, they are really funny!

Even though all the shows are nteresting, I really love the last 5 or so shows. By that time those yooung people are so skiled, that it is just like watching a free concert of professionals. I'm glad it's on, too. I consider watching it a "gift" to myself.

Another gift I give myself is watching the Olympics. Since I'm retired and at home, mostly, I watch as much as I can get . I even cancel all appointments (If any are made), and I just sit back and enjoy. What fun!!

Terry
  10. SherylD

SherylD Guest

We watch it as a family.. I think my 9 yr. old son can sing better that some of these people..

We love to watch it.. We laugh and laugh..

SherylD
  11. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Love it... Love it!!!

I told my daughter when she grows up she is going to have to come home every week to watch A. I. with Mom!!

My favorite so far I think is the little blond whose Dad is in Prison.. Picklen I think was her last name..

We have a pool going at work.. As soon as we get to the 12 finalists.. we all put in 10 bucks and draw a name.. who evers person wins gets the pot!
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

Yup,...we have a pickler LOVER in my household too!

My son picks all the hotties! or thats what he calls em anyways. But she IS good.

and I kinda felt bad for her. (left by her Mom,..and Dads in prison)

will be watching again tonight :)

13. CarolK

CarolK New Member

HI ALL YOU "AI" FANS....

RENAE..Oh I agree with you! The granddaughter from the Sounds of Blackness Group is amazing! I think she stands a good chance of making it into the finals! Same with the cowboy!

KINSIE.. Can you believe the anger of that one girl who went after Paula! I hope and pray she gets some serious help! She seems to be one angry person!

KATYKAT... WOW!! I am shocked too that they let the "bouncing dude" into the next level! Whats up with that?? Guess they just want some diversity...like when they had William Huang, who sang "She Bangs"... ha ha ha

MISTRESS... Gotta love that sweet 16 year old cowboy! He has a nice voice and a real shot at making the finals too. Plus I like the sweet naivete' he has going on.

BELESPRIT... I am so "electronically challenged" that I am not the one who could record it! Hopefully someone here can do that for you. Sorry you don't get to see it in France! It is such a fun program!!

TO EVERYONE... ENJOY THE SEASON... LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN!!

BLESSINGS TO ALL.... CAROLK

14. CarolK

CarolK New Member

YES INDEED... THAT PICKLER/BLONDE GIRL WAS REALLY GOOD!

SHE SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD SHOT AT THE FINALISTS TOO!

I CONSIDER THIS SHOW TO BE THEREPY!! IT'S GOT ALL THE ELEMENTS... HUMOR, TALENT AND DRAMA! A REAL HIGH POINT IN OUR WEEKS!

WELL GRAB THE BOWL OF POPCORN... IT'S ON AGAIN TONIGHT! ONLY ONE HOUR THOUGH... I LIKE THE TWO HOUR SHOWS.

ANYBODY CATCH THE BIOGRAPHY OF SIMON COWELL ON THE BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL... THAT WAS AN INTERESTING PROGRAM.

PLUS ANYONE EVER SEE OLD PHOTOS OF RANDY WHEN HE WAS THE BASS PLAYER FOR THE ROCK GROUP "JOURNEY"?? HE WAS A WHOLE LOT THINNER AND HAD A "MOHAWK" HAIR CUT... TOO FUNNY!

CAROLK
  15. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I have to admit, that was very sad. I saw the look on the faces of hers kids was indeed shock! Makes me wish she could just be there for her kids, but she did seem like she was trying to improve her situation by going back to school and getting off gov. assistance.

She has had a rough life and she is probably looking for this "escape to Hollywood" to be the answer to her problems. Unfortunately the little kids end up paying the price for her "get away". Hopefully this experience will turn out to be a positive one and a help to her family.

I don't like to see this on the program! I enjoy the program but it is sad to see these kinds of things happening in the background! But then Fantasia had some "issues" in her background and she made it to the top!

Blessings... CarolK
  16. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I love American Idol. Have watched 2 of the audition shows. Some talent and some not so good, but ya gotta love 'em for trying. Have watched the last 2 seasons of it. Wouldn't miss it. Nanc
  17. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Carol,

I too think it is very funny at the beginning. I think it is too bad they have to have some of the ones on that they show, but that is what draws a crowd I guess.

I think there are some good stories and it looks like they are finding some talent too

I really enjoy watching and can't' wait for them to finally get down to that 24 or 32 whatever it is that we see that make it to the finals

Kgangel
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

Not bragging but.....??? ok,..!! maybe I am a little!!!
    :)
    Each season,..I sware I guessed at least 3-4 auditions that made it to the top 10~ I could tell that early on that they were good enough to be in the top~

But last yr,.. I could'nt tell who would win between Carrie and Bo. They were equal to me.

yea,..I caught that statement from that young mother too. What nerve! those poor kids.

hugs
    Tandy
  19. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I am a fan of the show too. Last night, my ten year old and I watched it and we laughed so hard. I like the pickler girl, and the cowboy too. That mom that told her kids she was leaving them to go to Hollowood shocked me too. She seemed to have a good sense of humor and was kidding around alot but you can`t say that to your little babies. I hope somehow she can bring them along and have family help watch them. Its going to be very hard on them if she can`t.

I can`t wait till tonights show.
    Sandy
  20. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Seems there are a whole lot of AI fans here!

Tonight should be a "hoot"... they are in San Francisco! Now if ever there was a town with a lot of, well let me just be polite and say, very strange folks, it's San Francisco!! No offense to anyone who lives there... but I have lived close to it all my life and I'm telling you just driving through the city is entertainment all to itself! ha ha ha

So tonights show should be lots of fun!

Like I said before... grab the popcorn and enjoy another episode!

Thanks to everyone for chattin with me... Blessings to all...CarolK