OT-apa term paper writers? about software programs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Nov 4, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

anyone can the reccomend a particular easy to understand and use.

i have been bouncing around on the google sites. for downloads. found a couple.

#1: styleEase for apa papers
    #2: one from apa.org 5.1 version.

could anyone help me out here it has been years since i have written any darn term paper at all. loved the research and all, but this one is not mla from the early to mid 80's.

this is for my psychology term paper.

i just want one that is ease to put in. and i will be using my dragon speakingnaturally to write w/instead of typing.

not that it will make a difference. just saving my hands and elbows some.

it is my mind that is needing some extra help?

any good advice people on software?

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2006]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Your great Jodie! Now here you are even though so at-
    tractive, ya stay home on a Saturday nite and concentrate
    on organizing that term paper. Ya might by suggestion,
    leave a Post for Carla-NL as I'll bet she has used hard-
    ware for her school work and maybe able to make some sug-
    gestions. She's probably "sleepy -bye" in Holland though
    at this time! Bet she sees your distress call and gets
    back wiff ya!

Hope ya got some rest today!
    JOE aka MRDAD
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

carla-n, from holland the country or holland, michigan?

yes i may have some long beauty sleep days ahead of me. need it at my age. now i know i can not take that combination before i go to sleep at night. i will be falling asleep standing up giving an oral presentation if i had to.

but atleast i have time to play w/the meds first.

i am writing on the dynamics of the family living w/bipolar and boderline personality.

generally this is not from an i point of view, but for this term paper it is. 25% must be about my personal connection w/it. that would be the exhb. then 50% research, i have plenty of books and lot's of info in my pretty little head of mine.

finally, 25% of paper must be of how the research correlates w/our experiences of this in our life.

my ex finally did something right for once, he nailed the symptoms down to the T.lol

so i really have been researching on what type of software maybe great for term papers but there are a few different ones out there and not sure really is more preferrable.

i thought donnieal may have some suggestions as well. possibly fight4cure. but time will tell.

tomarrow i will just download the best one and hope for the best.

i must do my math tonight and get it out of the way. then i can focus on term paper and studying for the vocabulary test for thursday in psychology.

i will find out what my grade is on tuesday from last weeks test. boy my mind went blank on bandura's theory. i knew carl jung and maslow etc. just drew a blank. there were about 10 out of 50 questions i was doubting myself. but if i miss that many then i still have some extra credit i have done and can do to make up for it.

thank you aka joedad

jodie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I see Prickles came onboard with a suggestion. I think
    Carla is House sitting for a friend and does not have
    he normal internet setup. I hope Prickles sugg. is ap-
    plicable and compatable!

I'm still trying to educate myself to this technology on
    the 'Puter as you remember, it wanot long ago that I up-
    graded that "crank wall phone" of mine for a push-botton
    thing! I can still fold laundry though if G.H. isn't
    around anymore.

"Talk" later, "K"?
    JOE
  8. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

That's what I use for typing up any of my papers. I don't know if it works with your program though, it should, since it's one of the most used word processing programs. I have to do a research paper too but I just haven't gotten to it yet. Not due for a few more weeks though, so I'm still good.
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Did you get an answer to your question yet. Put up a
    Post for Carla-NL and she may very well see it if you
    still need an answer.

"K"?
    Joe
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i downloaded software perrla for apa writing, auto formatting, so i don't have to mess around w/remember if i did this and that correctly.

w/headers and page numbers. formatting the title page etc.

then when i get to my body of my paper and need to use my citations(author's name etc), i guess i click on something and it will properly put it in the right place for me.

keeps the margins where they need to be. and i understand it will block my quotes of words over forty, automatically, right tabs. i must click on a part to do that.

i will be figuring this whole thing out. i have not even tried the dragon speakingnaturally w/it yet. but should work.

i do have microsoft word, but i wanted to cut my time down on this paper and have the proper format down quicker for my brain.

it cost me about $25.00 to download. then somehow they gave me mac instead of word. my son, cody, fixed that for me. if he wasn't around to help out i would be calling the place up and would need to ask for help.

i talked to my exbil, who is a english professor at western michigan university. he told me he has students that use software to format their research papers, but he didn't know what they used. he said he has always done it the old fashion way.

well, now i can play w/with my paper and this software program. so far it has been easy. next part is i need to get my books that i am using for research out and put in the reference stuff.

the software will automatically put the info in the proper order for me.

well i will let you all know how it turns out and give my tips to everyone else.

i have math tomarrow, then i will come home and start really digging in on the great stuff of my paper.

it shouldn't be too difficult. as long i turn in my paper in the proper format and grammar. i should be fine.

if i don't turn it in at all i can kiss that A or B right away. i could have all the points at finals for an A and if we fail to turn in the term paper we are s.o.l. for that a or b. we will recieve a big fat C.

don't want to screw up a good thing.

thank you prickles. and mr. dad, and well i must include my sister jen.

tried calling you today jen and you were out. i guess. jeff said he had the little pequin book for doing mla's and apa papers.

i just want to do it the faster way. gives me more time to play.lol

jodie
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

who knows maybe you will be going after your medical doctor degree next!

jodie
  12. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I work on Sundays so that's where I probably was. I made

an appt today to go to the rheumy on Thursday and

hopefully get cortisone in my shoulders. They hurt so bad

the last couple weeks it's getting harder for me to do my

job and the tramadol isn't touching it. I told a co worker

if I keep getting worse that I might not be able to do

this job much longer. Hoping they will just let me go ahead

and get the shots. The girl said on the phone when I was

scheduling it she didn't see why not. I know the shots

helped for my hip a lot, not so much for the back, but I

think it would help for the shoulders. Brayden didn't let

me sleep at all last night and I am so beat right now. Well

almost time to go home. I'll try and call then.
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

keep it to yourself for now.

when the time comes and you need to go off work for disabiltity/worker's comp then you tell your supervisor. and hand them a dr note.

you got to save yourself for as long as possible.

have you had the shoulder's xrayed yet?

you may need to really consider a different profession other than nursing. i am telling you dental hygiene if you can.

or maybe mri tech something where you will not need to be lifting people all the time.

hey i'm in school and still trying to figure it out. what will my body allow me to do.

my back aches and i have been kidding that pain i get from my shingles on my butt. this certain butt area. burns.

should try to do some homework again.

jodie
  14. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

No way would I ever want to do dental hygiene. It may be in the medical field, but just definately not anything I would ever be interested in. If worse came to worse with nursing I could always teach or something.

There is just nothing else I want to be.