OT: Are You Right or Left Brained?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Aug 26, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I found this website that tests which side of your brain is more dominant. It only takes a few minutes, you should try it!

Just go to this link:
    http://www.angelfire.com/wi/2brains/test.html

If you want to share your results with me I'd be interested to see how you did. I found out that I use both sides of my brain equally (scoring 11=right and 10=left).

Val
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm just about equal - 11 left-brained and 9 right.

I sure like this better than the tree test! lol

Marta
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Right but forgot to look to see what it means/

Rosie
  4. valleyann

valleyann New Member

We only have one left brained person so far (haleycole) but the rest are right brained...except for Marta608 and myself who are equal. Very interesting...thanks for participating everyone! :)

Marta - have you heard anything about people that use their sides equally? I tried doing some reseach on it but haven't been able to find anything...

Thanks.
    Val
  5. TerryS

TerryS Member

13 for left
    2 for right

Terry
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I took a class in college in Communications and we did all kinds of tests for our communications syles. It was most helpful to me in sales because it helped me to identify my clients' communications styles and how I needed to tailor my communications to help them understand complex issues.

I am a multi-tasker (or, I was before my brain went soft :). I can usually do everything well enough but there is no one thing at which I am a natural nor which I have mastered. It's a blessing and a curse.

Love, Mikie
  7. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Hi Val:

My results were L=9, R=8. I'll have to go back to the site to see what it means. Very interested in knowing.

Hugs to all,
    Liz
  8. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello!

60/40 hey? I did another test before and it said that I am 50/50 left/right brained...crazy. I too agree that it is a blessing and a curse...I've always wished that I was one or the other (that I was naturally good at something). Instead I am average at alot of things...

I did read somewhere on the internet that most geniuses use both sides somewhat equally! haha! So I guess instead of wishing we were one side or the other, we can just go with that! ;)

Val
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

is this a no brainer?lol
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In my personal relationships, I have found it easier to relate to those somewhere in the middle.

Those at the extremes are often geniuses but they seem to suffer in their lives and relationships.

I guess we all have our crosses to bear. I really can't complain, I guess.

Love, Mikie
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

I was exactly even... explains my vacillation, sometimes outright war, between my 'gut instincts' and my 'logic', hehe...

good test, thanks!

best,
    Victoria
  12. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I love these tests!

I am completely left-brained!

I used to be a multi-tasker, like Mikie, but now I'm lucky if I can do one thing at a time!!

Tracy
  13. caperkat

caperkat New Member

11/8 but I'm not sue I know what it means. I went to the article mentioned in one of the replies, but it was hard to read (too much text).

kat
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

and/but, for whatever reason, Betty Edward's methods outlined in 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain' certainly seemed to work quite well for a number of people in a very short time...

best,
    Victoria

15. Suzan

Suzan New Member

And the results were about 60/40 right brained...On this test..I have 14 right Brain...4 left Brain...
    I wonder if things have changed since I have FMS???????

16. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

The left side of my brain is never right and the right side has nothing left!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  17. Treca

Treca New Member

L=8 R=5

Some of those questions that ask if you write down things are things that I do in my head instead of writing them down. Is anyone else like that?

Found this site http://www.mtsu.edu/~studskl/hd/hemispheric_dominance.html

and it gives you the meaning and it gives you information about left brain vs. right brain.[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  18. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I just think it means we're confused a lot. lol

I can ALWAYS see both sides of a story or situation. It drive me crazy! Seems as if it would be so much easier to see black or white. On the other hand, it's made me a good negotiator - back when I could negotiate.

I thought this was interesting. I got it.... somewhere.

"The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning. Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others. If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility. Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way. If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports."

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  19. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

...to using my whole brain, according to the site. I'm 60% L and 40% R on the first site, and I had 10 L and 9 R on the other site.

Interesting test! God Bless.
  20. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

Im right brained!
    Iggy