*****OT- ATTN crochet & knitters, Blankets for Canada*****

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I was looking for new crochet patterns on the Michael's craft store site and came across this worthwhile charity that I was sure you'd want to know about. The function is called Blankets for Canada, and for anyone who knits or crochets, it is a great way for us to volunteer our time and talents to a worthwhile cause.

I'll post the page address, and for those w/ a Michael's craft store in their town (there's least half a dozen of us in Ottawa and a big ole Michael's by Ikea) you just have to make up squares in worsted yarn and drop them at a Michael's. You can do as many or as little as you'd like and can sign a book at drop off to show you were a contributor. The link give instructions if you'd like to go further and be part of sewing the squares together to make the actual afgans for charity. Pretty neat huh!

Keeping Canadians warm one square at a time. [url removed as per rules]

Jeanne

p.s. I hope the administors can forgive my posting the link. The site sells craft stuff, but not supplements, and they have tons of free patterns w/ photos.

[<i>This Message was Edited on 12/06/2005</i>]
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

3. Jeanne-in-Canada

4. pepper

pepper New Member

I dug out my old crochet stuff a few days ago because I decided that I need to do something to relax. I was at Michael's by Ikea today buying yarn but never saw anything about this charity.

I was thinking that there is only so much crocheting I can do for myself and that I would love to do some for charity. I thought that I would just crochet scarves and give them to the Shepherds of Good Hope but this is an even better idea.

Thank you! I am going to do that.

Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Georgia
    That's great Georgia, you're going to do some cross-border crafter for us cold Canucks. Do you have the Michael's chain where you live?

Pepper,
    What a great coincidence, you were just there too. The blankets project is buried in w/ their patterns, that's how I found it, and where the link goes to. Crochet relaxes me too, and I was thinking the same thing you were about home projects.

Jeanne
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

good, so now I know I'm not just bumping this for Cdn's. I checked the site better and there is a project for the States too, and it is an ongoing year to year charity.

So, ATTN. ALL NORTH AMERICAN KNIT/CROCHET BUFFS (or even wannabees, the squares are basic enough for any beginner).

Jeanne
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

8. pepper

pepper New Member

This is such a great idea!

Pepper
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada