OT B'day gift ideas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Sep 20, 2006.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Sorry, if I'm not supposed to ask things like this, lol

Do any of you have any ideas for a birthday gift for my dad? His birthday is tomorrow and eh...we're kinda really low on money. Mum and I have been wracking ours brains and haven't been able to come up with much of anything.

Poor dad, it just seems like by the time his b'day rolls around, we're always broke -_-

I know it's short notice so if you all don't have any ideas it's quite OK :p

Hugs,
    Jen
  2. tscattaglia

tscattaglia New Member

How about a special book that he would enjoy, maybe on something he loves or has interest in? Its always nice to write a paragraph in it too, about why you chose it, and what your Dad means to you- just a thought
  3. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Well, my dad is very sentimental. I see from your post that you love big words. Well don't expect any from me because my brain is old and fried but how about...

Writing a poem or just large descrriptive words of why he is a great Dad. Write on the computer and if have program to decorate. Frame it with cheap Walmart frame.

I see you play an instrument. Write a song for Dad or just give him a concert that is just for him. Make it the party. You know how parents are always asking for you to play for them and most of the time you might say ahhh!! not now

I see you like foreign countries ... how about Dad?

Can you make a theme party of a country with theme food for his birthday. Say something to him in this language or write something in this language.

Dads and Moms love the time that you thought out for these gifts and will remember them much longer than a tie or shirt. Just you asking on this website will make your dad see how special he is to you.

I also see that you want to be a filmaker. Do you have a video camera or digital? MAke a video for Dad.

You seem to have a great sense of humor or else just one that I find amusing. I'm sure your Dad will love anything you do.

What would be really fun is to read all the suggestions you get from all of us to your dad and let him laugh at them.

Hope this might spark some cheap but memorable ideas!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2006]
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Now that you mention it, he just may love a movie made for him. He had a fit over my first movie and insisted I let him watch it over and over again...so that may just be a good idea.

*squee* I wasn't expecting such quick responses!
    *does a dance of happiness*

Now I must let the brain ponder over some topics. ^_^

Thanks, you guys! (gals :p )
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Put in pieces of paper with things written on them. It could be inspirational, funny, promises to do things for him (things he hates to do!), anything like that.

Wrap it up and give it to him. He's allowed to take out one piece of paper a day, or a week, or a month, or when he feels down (for the funny or inspirational stuff). You get my drift.

Happy birthday to your dad from me. He is one lucky guy to have a thoughtful daughter like you.

God Bless.