OT- Bed Sheets~ MORE questions!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Aug 10, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hello friends & family,

I was just reading a post about who "spends" $$ on bedsheets, and it got me thinking I should ask you all my question... What kind of sheets should I buy now?

I got a new 3 inch memory mattress topper from Healthy Foundations. I also purchased the water proof & allergy-free mattress pad because they claim it does not change the way the topper should feel.

The topper is GREAT! But I'm not sure I like the protector that much. It fits really tight around the matress itself, which is good. The top is kinda terry cloth and under is a waterproof material.

My fitted sheet seems to slide around as I move in bed and I even have the elastic sheet straps to help.

I sweat a lot, so I am thinking flannel may not be a good choice. What are your suggestions?

Thank you for any and all responses!

Hugs,
    "E"

[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I have been really disappointed in the sheets that I have purchased in the last couple of years. These "hotel" quality are still either scratchy or so soft they are in a ball when I take them out of the dryer.

Either way, I end up IRONING them because they are sooooo wrinkled. Rediculous.

So, I have no good suggestions but this will bump this post up and maybe someone will know.

hugs,

Spacee
  3. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

personally like Egyptian cotton 800-1000tc. but know if u like silky or soft. then go to ebay and type in Egyptian cotton sheets 1000tc and look around and read. you don't have to bid on any you can hit the buy now button. but read the descriptions and the testimonials to really figure out which are best for u. They are great i u sweat they breath.may u have peacful sleep.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz keep me posted on your experiance:)
    Amy
  4. keke466

keke466 New Member

I don't buy many myself. Tend to stick with what I have. When I find something that works well I keep it as long as it holds up.LOL.. The last ones I bought were from QVC and they are flannel. I sweat alot also and worried about it but there really quite comfortable. I've used them year round and was warm in winter and cool in summer. Plus they're very soft and that's what I like the most. I can't use anything that's scratchy. And I use some that I've had awhile and they've been washed alot so are soft.

Keke
  5. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

out of this world and so soft...no wrinkles..
    shirley
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I have a set of Sealy sheets that I bought about 6 months ago from JC Penney. They are 330 tc 100% "ulta soft cotton." The ad claims they won't "pill," but they do.
    I'm going to change my sheets today and try them again.

Has anyone tried the "t-shirt" material bedsheets, or is that what the jersey knit's are of the Northern Nights?

Thanks,
    "E"
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I found the northern nights brand sheet sets on the QVC website. But there are a couple kinds and I don't want to order the wrong kind.

Help me please?

There is the Egyptian Cotton jersey knit, but it doesn't list a thread count. (Only $30 for a queen set)

There's a 440TC 100% cotton Sateen set

and a 300 TC portman square Dobby Weave.

Thx,
    "E"
  8. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

for more info....

Thanks!

"E"
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

I do like the cotton jersey sheets, although I think they don't last as long as the regular cotton sheets.

I have to have 100% cotton, as polyester in the sheets is very uncomfortable for me.

I WANT organic cotton sheets, but they are sooooo expensive! I love the thought of no pesticides, no formaldehyde, no chemical dyes. Now, if I could find some I can afford...

I'll have to look on EBay, good idea, although I've never bought anything there.

Good thread, no pun intended!!

Peace,
    Beth.