OT Been gone a little while from here sorry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Sep 3, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

After taking my daughter off to college I have been interviewing for jobs. It is so frustrating. There are some jobs I know I could not do, from a physical standpoint. It just makes me want to cry. I want something close to home because I would rather have the money in my pocket (not that it will stay there that long) than be putting it into my gas tank.

The weather has been so cold and rainy here (and it's only August but feels like October; the trees are turning colors already) and my body hurts miserably. I'd rather curl up in bed with a good book and a cup of tea and here I am out pounding the pavement.

So that's why I have not been posting as much, but I missed you all. It's Sunday now, and a long weekend, and I can catch up on the board.

Have a good Labor Day weekend all!

(((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Glad to see you back on the board, been wondering where you were...

Sorry you have been feeling so lousy...

This cooler weather, which used to be a welcome change from the hot and humid, is now more bothersome...Funny how things change for us year to year...Guess it's that 'progressive' part of the illness that's not supposed to be...

So you are job hunting? What jobs and what hours have you been looking into? (if you don't mind sharing)

At least daily, I think of opening my grooming shop again even if it's just to do one a day but heck, I did one a day for some time before I was forced to stop that...Reality has a way of kicking us in the teeth...

Just gotta call, so must go...Chat again soon, Alicia
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hello. Good luck with your search. It is frustrating. I heard a show on radio that said anyone over 35 is considered "old" job wise.

It is rainy and chilly here in NY too, I forget where you are.

Love Anne
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm glad you missed me! Alicia I am looking for full time but something that taxes my energy as little as possible. And something close to home. This gas crunch has me nuts. Anne, I am in Massachusetts. It is cold here. And rainy. We have actually closed the pool. Never have closed it before Labor Day.

Good to hear from you.

((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle