OT...Best American Idol FInal ever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gladone, May 24, 2006.

1. gladone

gladone New Member

Hi to all AI fans,

I have been a fan of AI since season one and this was the best finale ever! I ejoyed every minute of the two hour show.

Most of all I'm so happy that Taylor Hicks won. He deserved it, as he had never even been in the bottom three.

I can't wait till next season.....every year it just keeps getting better and better.

To all The McFee fans sorry about the loss. But not to worry you know she will shine. I say look out Broadway here she comes. Wouldn't she be amazing as the lead in a great new musical.

Share your thoughts and feelings about the final.

Happy fan,
    Gladone

2. thepkk

thepkk Guest

Loved the show also wish I had taped it. I loved all the stars they sang with. I think alot of the finalist will get recording contracts and or Broadway.
    I agree the show keeps getting better every season. I hate to see it end.
    I didn't care as much this year which one of them won they were both great.
  3. dellalvn

dellalvn New Member

Not only did he have a sensational singing ability, I loved it that he wasnt the typical "american idol" .. young and all of that. That is why I wanted him to win so bad. Made me cry. Everyone seems to have an idea of what "normal" is so it is wonderful when people look past that.
    Della
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Loved the show and was so happy that Taylor won..Now what do I have to look forward to..That was my weekly treat..

greatgran
  5. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Mandesa should have won.

Taylor Hicks CAN'T sing! He is just off-key enough that listening to him is like nails on a chalk board for me.

Aieeeeeee!
  6. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show!!! I think both Taylor and Mcfee are great singers and will go far!! I thought the Clay Aiken part was a hoot!!! The shock on that poor kids face!!!

Dawn
  7. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Yes I agree greatest show ever. I personally liked Katherine better but oh well. This was one that I think still could have went either way up until the end. They were both good. I especially loved the part where the guy that looked like Clay got to sing with him and was soooo excited!
  8. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Well I shouldn't be surprised he won. My significant other had made a prediction very early in the show that it would be between him, Katherine, or perhaps Paris. He wasn't sure which female would end up in the final 2, but he did know that Taylor would win hands down. He has the flare, the excitement, everything a successful singer needs to shine and make it in the music world. Personally I had only gotten as far as the final 4, I couldn't decide between Taylor, Katherine, Paris or Chris. But at least I can say that 2 of my favorites managed to make it into the final 2, and I have to agree that had Taylor not won on Tuesday, his performance on Wednesday would have clinched it. He certainly has it all.

Congradulations Taylor

Skye
  9. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

was never in a bottom three. I was cheering for Taylor. I loved him from the beginning when I thought he was spastic or something. This was his last chance to make the big time and now he will. Kathrine was beautiful and her singing is too. She will go far too.

Suzette
  10. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

It was a toss up who should have won.....either one. She is very poised, beautiful and sings great so will go far. I think taylor won because of his personality which endeared him to so many.

Boy, has Clay Aiken changed again or what????? I don't think I like what was done to his hair last night
  11. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I am really surprised so many people think so highly of Taylor. I have liked him all along too, but only for his personality. His singing voice does not come close to Catherine. I feel bad for her.

You could also tell all along they wanted a male to win this year at 1st it was Chris then when the shock of that was over it was Taylor. They made Catherine sing songs from Male artists and made it very hard on her.

Judges made it impossible to choose anyone but Taylor and the show is really Simons Idol and not American Idol, for he is never wrong when her predicts the winner and America always votes with him.

But, I have to ask, only because I am so curious, why did you all like Taylor better? He has only one style and if you are not seeing him sing you won't be able to see that style, where Catherine can sing most any style and do well.

I think Taylor will fade out quickly

kgangel

12. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Yes, I too, was trying to figure out what all the excitement is about Taylor. His voice is very average, he does not have the range that Elliott and Katharine do. I guess they really needed a male to get it this time, too bad the American Idol is a big Nerd (Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol)whatever....
    The two hour show was so great ! Very entertaining !
  13. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Taylor was funny to watch. But he has only one style of singing. He is out of tune when he is required to sing another way.
    He is fun to watch and does some great things but you can't see that on a CD. He would be great singing the oldies but I would never buy his CD.

I agree that Katherine has a much better range and she is great. I will buy her CD, Kellie's and Chris's too.

I didn't find anything terrific about Taylor.
    I think people voted to spite Simon.

Tracy
  14. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

And I'll tell you why I think he won. :)

He makes people feel good. He has an engaging personality, is extroverted, takes risks and isn't afraid to make a fool of himself in order to entertain people. He reminds me of a line from a Randy Stonehill song: "Now I'm feelin' like a barefoot child dancin' in the sun...." He is just so full of that joyousness in the music, in the dancing. He clearly loves the audience, but you get the feeling he'd be doing it even if we weren't there!

He is a genuinely nice and gracious person. When Elliott got the boot, he didn't rejoice in his own safety and success (as Kat did, by the way). He looked sad and found ways to support his friend. (I have since heard that he actually VOTED for Elliott!) And yesterday, he said words to build up Katharine at every opportunity in their press interviews. All the speculation was that Taylor had it won, and he must have known that was hard on her. :-(

He has a nice voice. :) I heard the "Do You Make Me Proud?" song on the radio today...the live version, taken from the show last night. While it was a little rough (as you'd expect, in the excitement of the moment), it really sounded surprisingly good, I thought. He had great command of the moment and terrific stage presence at what had to be a very emotional time.

I think he'll do just fine. :) I'll buy his CDs. And I'll definitely go to his concerts! (Remember that moment when the guys were singing and he came out with his harmonica? It gave me goosebumps!)
  15. mom4three

mom4three New Member

They have "So You Think You Can Dance"
    Have you watched that? It is pretty good actually.

Tracy
  16. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

More charisma, more talent, more professionalism and experience, a better and more versatile entertainer, and knows how to interpret and get to the heart of a song.

I would agree that Katherine and Elliot had strongr voices w/ more range. But, they lacked the extra it factor and stage presence.

If a rangey voice was all it took, then Rod Stewart, Kenny Rogers, "The Boss", and Bob Segar wouldn't have been the huge stars they are. Their voices are raspy, similar to Taylors, and not as rangey as Kat and Elliot, but they must have something else going for them, right.

17. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

Taylor could make you "feel" a song. His heart was TOTALLY into it. Katharine seemed much more mechanical to me - more technical. And while she was technically quite good, maybe even superior, she never made me FEEL the song. And what's more - I never felt that SHE felt the song.

I think that makes a big difference.

I have to say, though, last night I thought she made some real progress in that regard. Her song with Meatloaf was really well done. :)

18. sop28

sop28 New Member

What is wrong with people these days! I really think that it is sad that a person can win a singing contest and not be able to sing on key! Taylor can sure put on a show but he was "pitchy."

I guess this isn't uncommon, now a days most of the pop celebs can't sing!

Don't get me wrong he has a decent voice, but being a musician it is hard to listen to someone that has the pitch all over the place.

Sometimes it's hard to even tell what note he is attempting to sing.

I do agree that people like to see someone win that is kind of average. It gives us hope that we can all reach for the stars.

It was good to see a few actual stars though.
  19. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

!!!!!!!SOUL PATROL!!!!!!
  20. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This might sound silly but I think if he keeps his head on right he could really go far.I think he is as handsome as Elvis and could do some Elvis songs up dated a little.I also think he sounds like a young Kenny Rodgers in some parts of his new song.I like his softer side when he sings.I think there are many sides to Taylor and I also think he is going to surprise people when he has some songs written just for him to show off his voice.
    I to thought McFee would be wonderful in a musical or a Disney production.Her one dress was to low cut, she almost fell out of it.I just hope she stays sweet and isnt turned into a slut like some young singers today.I hope she stays the "All American Girl"
    I'd also like to see Kelly Pickler in a musical comedy.
    The biggest shock was Clay's new look.not sure I like it.
    I loved Mandesa's voice but she looked like she put on weight.She needs a good designer to help her wear more flattering cloths.I'm a big women to so I'm not judging her I'd like to see someone help her to be more beautiful.