OT: Bone Pain When Pressure Applied Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Sep 18, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

My last check up my physician push on my shin bone checking for edema and I jump up out of the chair in pain.

It was really odd because it was the actual bone that hurt a lot both the physician and I were surprised to say the least.

About a week after that at a social gathering of a friend walk up to me and with his fist pushed on my upper arm near the shoulder and to my surprise it really not just the muscle but yet again the actual bone and this left a bruise--he did not push that hard.

Last night my LOL and I (live in love) were verbally goofing off walk by my recliner and grabbed my big toe and yep you guessed it it hurt like H*&&. I screamed in pain and shocked him and me.

I have never had this type of actual bone pain before and it does have me wondering.

Has anyone else experienced this type of thing?

I have an appointment with my physician this week and of course I will discuss this with her but I am wondering if any of you all do this.

Thanks,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Yes, I get bone pain in my shins. It also feels like bone pain in my shoulders, but it's that I have so many trigger points there, everything hurts in that area.
    Best of luck with your dr. apt.
    Mini
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I have had bone pain all over my body since I got fibro. It doesnt matter where you push, it feels like my bone has been crushed.

Suzette
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get it my elbows, shins, knees, etc. Not always in the same place. There are so many weird things about this syndrome that nothing surprises me anymore.

It's always best to be on the safe side though, and keep your physician informed.

All the best,
    Eileen
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

everyone for replying I really appreciate.

I may not be explaining it very well. It is not like the the typical Fibromyalgia tender point pain it is actual bone pain sorry it is hard to explain but it is just different.

It seem so much more sharper and deeper and more intense that the FMS pain if that makes any sense. I have had FMS since 1998.

I am also pretty sure it isn't MPS because it isn't a referred pain either.

It is direct pain to bone that only occurs when pressure is applied.

Thanks everyone for taking time to read my post and to respond I do appreciate it.

Take care,

6. ChrisNewton

ChrisNewton New Member

Hi Karen
    I do not know much about fibro, coming from a CFS back ground.
    However my husband had all his long bones tender and aching for 2 years before he was diagnosed with celiac disease. It was caused by osteomalacia (adults version of rickets). Your long bones become softer because he was not able to absorb vitamin D and calcium. It reversed very quickly with a gluten free diet.
    Of course this may be entirely unrelated.
    Keep in mind that 50% of celiacs do not have gastric symptoms, and a blood test from your doctor will quickly exclude this as a cause.
    Regards
    Chris
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

thanks Chris

8. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I don't have a lot of bone pain but I'll tell you this the last time I went in for just a physical they pressed down on my hip bones and I thought I was going to dye the pain was so intense. Doctor never said anything about it so figured it was just part of my fibro.
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Karen, just saw this post as I was getting ready to post on the same topic..

I have extreme bone pain, aches deep in the bone and if I touch my thigh or hip bones it is so painful...I have never had the muscle or joint pain, but the deep throbbing bone aches and so tender to the touch..Also I have this in my shoulders and back area, but from my hips to my knees are the most painful...

I do hope this is part of the DD as I have CFS first now the doc thinks fibro...

Also if I go out and walk for any length of time, my legs ache so bad...

I too, have thought about Celic disease but the doc hasn't mentioned it..But may ask to be tested for it, next time I go...

God Bless,
    greatgran
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Same here, bone pain. I have a lot of bone pain in my knuckles, shins, shoulder bones, elbows, ribs. Cranial pain too.

I have just had blood work redone and I am wondering whether anything nrw will show.

Love Anne

ps strangely my dh who has visible shin bone spurs has no pain!
  11. kjfms

kjfms Member

thanks so much for responding I hope you both have nothing seriously wrong either.

My doctor's appointment has been cancelled because of a family emergency.

I also do this physician's transcription so I do not have to work today either which works out pretty good because I am not feeling very well today and really did not want to work.

I just hope I do not have to wait very long for a reschedule.

Thanks again,

Karen
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so glad to hear from you. How do you always know just when I need to hear from you? :) Thank for all of the information.

I have some things in mind too and I do not like any of them...LOL

Well I am a wreck...driving myself crazy. You no that old saying a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing?

Well I know enough medical crap to be dangerous to start diagnosing myself and then I start imagining all sorts of nasty things.

I had an appointment with my physician tomorrow but she has a family emergency so it is cancelled and since I also do her transcription I am off work today. Now that leave my mind open to work over time if you know what I mean.

Anyway, thanks for the good thoughts.

I am glad you had a good experience with the chiropractor and seem to be doing a little better. It is really great to hear.

Talk to you soon,

Your PT partner in crime!
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you so much for mentioning this--I definitely need these test ran.

The one good thing about working for physicians is if there is a cancellation or a no show while I am at work she can see me--if I am lucky...LOL

Thank you so much sweetie,

14. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

I started noticing it on the sides of my ankles and now it's in my wrists, arms, and the outsides of my knees as well as my shins.

-June
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes. Yes. Yes. No matter where you push on my body, my bones hurt sooooo bad.

kriket