OT Brenda Watson HOPE Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Aug 25, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Has anyone see the program on KOCE with Brenda Watson on your digestive health?

HOPE stands for:

High Fiber
    Omega Oils
    Probiotics
    Enzymes

This program is running everyday and is very interesting. She feels alot of our health issues are caused by bad digestion and poor nutrition.

I can believe that... She said eating wheat gave her heartburn. I would love to discover how to have digestive health. I take probiotics, etc. but with gastritis, have a hard time with a high fiber diet.

Brenda recommends getting fiber from Oat bran, flax seed, or acacia. Not psyllium.

She also recommends 35 grams of fiber a day and to read labels on your food. Eating an entire head of lettuce gives only 2 gms of fiber, but a spinach salad is 10 gms.

I ordered the program and will share more information when I receive the package.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I saw part of that program. Was going to post and ask if anyone had any info. Have not come across her before.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

She has a regular program.

I saw part of a fund drive for KOCE-TV in Orange County, CA. For $300 you get some books & videos featuring B. Watson.

I checked the Los Angeles library. No books by Brenda Watson. I suspect lots of other books give the same advice tho.[This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  4. millennia

millennia New Member

The book on her weight loss diet comes out March 1st.