OT: Brother in terrible car wreck

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh I knew this day was awful somehow. I just got word my brother and his wife were in a really dreadful car wreck(not their fault).

He is in a really bad way in trauma center. She is hurt but not as badly.

I am just devastated. Just waiting to hear news from the trauma unit via my niece.

Your support and prayers are most welcome.

Love Anne
  2. jole

jole Member

coming your way for your brother and his wife--and you, of course! Wishing for great news!!
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry about this tragic news. I am praying for your brother and his wife.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Sending prayers and positive energy your way.May God be with you and your family- Carla
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope your niece calls w/ some good news soon.
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Prayers going out for your brother and his wife.

Also sending prayers your way to help you cope with this terrible accident.

Please take care.
    Prayers for all of you.

Please keep us posted .

Hugs Sue.
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's so awful to get that phone call!! If I recall,
    your Brother lives in Canada.(??) Do they have children
    that can keep in contact with you? I'll keep a positive
    thought!!

MRDAD

8. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

My parys are with you and your family much love
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

and your loved ones~

10. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Honey I am so sorry to hear this news!!!!

This is terrible and I am just beside myself at this news. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. May God give your brother the strenght to pull through this!

Thank goodness his wife wasn't injured as badly but I am still praying for a speedy recovery for her!

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

kate
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I am very sorry to hear that this has happened. I will definitely keep your brother, his wife--and you, too--in my prayers.

Ken
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Sending Hugs and Prayers your way!! our Faith in God always seems to carry us through !
  13. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Prayers are going up for you and your family . . .

Hugs,
    PolarBear
  14. findmind

findmind New Member

This is terrible news. I am so sorry. Will be sending healing vibes their way, and yours too!

Have you heard anything more? Was your SIL hospitalized too? Is it their daughter, your niece, that informed you? How is she?

Please let us know how everyone is, and we will all keep our prayers on them and their healing.

Bless you, anne, I know you love your family and I hope you find a way to cope with all this without getting sicker.

Muchly and many,
    findmind
  15. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am truly sorry to hear about the accident.

I will pray for you and your family. Keep the faith, it will give you some comfort.

Will be thinking of you.

{{{{{love}}}}}

Sue in Ontario
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thank you all so much for your prayers and replies and support. I am quite beside myself and so is Dan and Danny. There is no way I can sleep. I have been contacting my sisters in the UK by email as they will be in bed and will call them tomorrow.

You are right, he does live in Canada and we were lucky enough to spend a week together a week ago and really enjoyed it. They all played lots of golf, which really makes me cry as when will he ever again?

Here is an update: They were really close to home on an errand, and a woman ran the red light and the passenger side of my brother's car got it fully. The jaws of life were needed. My sil was conscious and has broken ribs and very bruised as she was driving. My brother took it full force and lost consciousness. I spoke with SIL who is released now and staying with a friend but I am worried about her as she was in pain and shock and hope she gets more tests run.

So far my niece told me that he has broken hips, pelvis and clavacle, ribs and collapsed lung. He was lifted to the trauma center which she says is a wonderful hospital. He is having angiograms and more tests, but has regained consciousness and is lucid although in terrible pain. He is a cancer survivor. The doctor says although still critical his chances are optimistic, so we are hanging onto this.

As they were leaving our house to drive home to Canada last week, the last words I said was "Life is too short," as we kissed goodbye. Although we have spoken since, as recently as Sunday, I keep thinking about that.

To cap it all my young niece when she called, just confided in me some terrible news of her own not yet known by her parents regarding her own health and my heart goes out to her dealing with this and her little girls and this huge health problem. She is being so brave.

Once again, just hearing from all of my old friends here is so encouraging as I really hardly know many people to share this grief with. It means so much. Thank you.

Love Anne
  17. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.....so sorry to hear of this! Please take care of yourself as best you can.

You are so right....life is short...thank God he is alive!

Scapper
  18. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about you brother, sister-in-law, and niece. You are all in my prayers. Please take care of yourself. Try to get some rest.

God bless, Pam
  19. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Oh, Anne, I am so very sorry to hear this terrible news. I can imagine how you are feeling. Isn't it something the way we are connected to our family? I often sense or dream when one of my children or my sisters are going through hardship and I'm always right.

Please know that I will pray that our Lord watch over your brother, his wife, you and the rest of your family.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  20. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Anne,
    Many prayers for you and your whole family.

Soft ((((hugs))))) for you.

I'm sure you probably won't sleep to night, but
    I hope you can get some rest. Hope you hear
    some encouraging news by morning.

God bless you. cathugs Ruth