OT but want to share good news with my friends

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Mar 9, 2010.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I barely ever go to the chat board (can only keep up with a few places online) and many of my online friends are on here so though this is OT, I wanted to share with you that tomorrow is 7 yrs of recovery from eating disorders for me.....considering that I had anorexia and bulimia for 20 yrs, and had to really fight to beat them, this is a big deal....considering also how hard this dd makes maintaining a healthy weight, it is nothing short of a miracle that I have managed to stay free of the EDs
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Happy 7th Anniversary! I wish you many more years of continued success in your recovery from eating disorders.

3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Always good to hear Good News.

Be Proud of Yourself....I'm proud of you AuntTammie

Congratulations to 7 Years and Continue your Healthy weight.

This is Wonderful Good News

Hugs for you
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Congratulations for sure!

All the best,

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

This is certainly something to celebrate and to be so INCREDIBLY proud of!!

This August it will be 25 years for me. (Gosh, I sound so old...I'm really not!)

Whenever you don't feel so strong, look back on this accomplishment and you'll realize just how strong you really are. Overcoming an Eating Disorder is one of THE toughest things ever.
    Remember that HELL of living with it? Oh...I'm so glad that is out of my life FOR GOOD! Don't you feel that way?

I could share stories with you (not bad stories) but my turning point sometime - would love to hear yours as well - maybe on the chit chat board some time.

Again - Celebrate my friend!! You won the fight for this long, you can do it forever!

6. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I'm not usually on this side of the board but saw your post and couldn't resist adding my AttaGirl.

Anyone with the ability to overcome a challenge like an eating disorder deserves to feel proud.

Thank you for sharing some positive news.

7. springwater

springwater Active Member

Thank you for posting. Gives hope to others who may be going through a similar thing
    or have loved ones who are.

God Bless

8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Thanks for celebrating with me!! Janalynn, I am so glad that you were able to beat an ED, too - definitely let me know when it is your actual anniversary so I can celebrate with you, too.

I am going to get to see my niece today, so I have to get going now (so sorry no time for individual replies), and I won't be back on here (at least not until much later), but I am so happy to know that you are sharing in my joy today. : )
  9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

10. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Just saw your post and wanted to add my congratulations! You are indeed an incredibly strong and determined woman. God Bless You!

Best wishes,
  11. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

God bless you, too!!
  12. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Congratulations!! Pat yourself on the back!!

13. sascha

sascha Member

i have always been a chow hound. if i bought a bag of cookies, i'd eat the whole thing. a couple of years ago i went to Food Addicts in Recovery, and it was great. very strict. i lost weight, and like you i felt such a sense of accomplishment being able to do it while in the midst of cfids.

i'm on my own now, and inactive, because of cfids, so i've put some weight back on. i still have phases when i can't stop eating certain things, and i way overdo, but then i get back to eating reasonably, and i really appreciate times of being calm and in control about food.

VERY GOOD GOING !! best, Sascha
  14. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

gap & sasha....thank you!

and sasha good for you - I hope that you can find more of the times of being calm around food
  15. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

bravo! one day you will be well from CFS too and start your life anew:)

16. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

thanks & I sure hope so......and I also hope so much that you will recover some day, too

I haven't been on here as much lately so I may have just missed posts, but I haven't seen much of you and I hope that you are doing well (as well as possible anyway)