OT, Calling all artist.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Mar 4, 2006.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I think I live in constant fibro fog as I read someones profile and then forget their name before I get back to the board.

However I have noticed there are a lot of artist.

Line up and be recognized.

I began painting back in 1987 after my last back surgery.
    I use mostly acrylics but have china paints, fabric, and glass paints.

Most of my work has been birds and I love nature.

I have a 3 wall mural I began some months back but it is on hold at the moment.

I have some small murals in my home. Painted faux french doors on the side openings into my den.

I love to do this but the fibro sometimes drains my attention span.

What is your interest and medium?

2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Totally self taught, really got the push to try it from my son who is an art major and a , focus on painting, and he said "mom, if you want to try it...just do it..it is only paint". So Dh bought me a ton of acrylics, and canvas and brushes several years ago. I haven't stopped painting since! Some never make it to the wall...some get tossed in the bin....but I enjoy them all!

I have painted walls and furniture for years...before I got sick...So this was a somewhat natural progression for me.

I don't have the focus to paint all the time...but it is something I can do, even with some levels of pain. Often I sit down to paint..and several hours go by..and I get to forget that I am sick...and just watch the paint turn into something that I recognize.

I paint all manor of things...but I have been complimented on my landscape/ocean scapes....and amazingly on my people! That was and is shocking to me as I know how tough humans are to capture. I actually don't think mine are so good...but other people, including two that are "getting paid for their art" artists..have said I have a knack for faces! Who'd of thought that!LOL

Anyway...I am glad I took a shot at this..because I often long to create...but I don't have the physical ability to do what I used to do...this canvas painting helps fill that need.

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Used to sculpt prootype dolls for HSN and my own business too. Can no longer do this due to FM, so bang went my income. Strangely I was self taught having given up psychology due to all the awful people in the trade(not the clients the professionals)and to take care of DH who was badly injured. I have always been artistic in nature though, want to take up paointing again soonish, I also like doing murals.

Love Anne C
  4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I love to paint, although I have not painted an actual pictures in years. I also used to paint and refurbish old furniture and whatnot and I love to paint houses inside and out. I recently attempted to paint some of the rooms in my house but my wonder boyfriend ended up doing most of the work because of this DD. I would love nothing more than to be able to go back to painting all the time.

I also write, mostly poetry, short stories. Although lately I have drawn a blank on most of that. I still try regularly though because I don't want to lose my passion for it. Also with writing, I love to edit other peoples writings. Anything, papers, resumes, songs... most of my friends are artists of some sort, musicians, painters, writers, so on and so on. I am actually trying to get an editing business off the ground right now so I can work from home freelance.

I also love to draw, which I still do sometimes when something good pops in my head. Mostly still life, people never turn out right from my pencil... could never figure out faces.

Shananegans
  5. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Thanks for the replys

I am pretty much self taught.

I get most of my lessons from the man above.

Sometimes I struggle with a painting and somewhere along the line I stop and look up and say, O K, God, I understand, you're giving me lessons again.

The fibro does do a number on my concentration.
    Some people , including family can't seem to understand that I just can't sit down an produce a picture the way I use to.

Enjoyed your posts

Wren
  6. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Hi everyone,

My work consists of mosaics, folk and pagan art.
    I do sell my wares at farmer and flea markets, church bazars and craft shows. It's been a passion of mine for yrs. Helps keep my moral up and keeps me sane.

Sandy
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I've always been an artist... beginning in the medium of Crayola. ;)

I did pen and ink portraits for several years.

Now I do stylised figure drawings, somewhat abstract. They are quick and physically easy, and I don't have to think them through. It's part of my feeling-detox program. :)

I play the recorder too.