OT Can I brag just a little??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PianoGirl, Sep 11, 2006.

1. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

My 16 year old son is planning a career in fire/rescue. He goes to high school in the morning and in the afternoon is in the fire/rescue academy.

Tonight, he was accepted as a member at the fire station he has been going to for 3 years. He was in what is called an explorer post, basically an organization that teaches how to become a firefighter.

I am so proud of him. He joined a fire station on a very commerative date, September 11. I'm so happy to see him have a direction he wants to go in his life.

Thanks for giving me just a little time to brag.

Lis
  2. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Sounds like this kid had some good direction from you. You are very lucky!! Congrats to your son and to you!!!
  3. spacee

spacee Member

What a great son you have and every right to be proud.
    It is a wonderful thing when kids can find a direction that they like early on. Gives them a purpose.

I am proud of him too!

Spacee
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

You can brag all you want, what a great kid!

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

You brag all you want. I think it is great!!

In this day and age that you have such an obviously level headed and responsible young man to call your son is fantastic.

I would say is proud an understatement isn't it?

Congratulations on raising such a wonderful son.

You have done a great job,

Karen :)
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

What a wonderful career path---to my mind, they can't possibly pay firefighters and policeman enough for what they do for us. Your son sounds like an outstanding young man.

And to have joined on Sept. 11 makes it that much more special. Please tell him congratulations for us.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  7. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

I have a 16 yr.old daughter and 18 yr old son.They're both seniors and still trying to figure out what the want to do.
    You have every right to brag!!

Congratualations to you and your son.
    Luann
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

you shout it out loud from the roof tops lis xx
  9. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Lis:

Congrats to you and your son. This is a most honorable profession and I hope that he has a wonderful career.

Ingrid
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I think some people are lucky. They know what they want to do at a young age and they aim for their goal.

Most of us, like me, just kind of fumble around till we stumble into something.
  11. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

You have every right to brag!!That is just wonderful that your son knows what he wants and goes after it.

My son is a Police Officer and makes me PROUD every single day!

Take care and once again,,,,BRAG all you want!!! lol (It's a Mothers Right!)

Brenna
  12. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I would like to thank all of you for the kind words you said about my son and me too!!!!!

I was hoping i was not overstepping my boundaries when i posted this. I just had to tell somebody, and it seems that lately I don't have that many people to talk to so i come to this board as much as I can to find some peace.

I appreciate all your comments.

Thanks again.

Lis
  13. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

It's nice that your son knows what career he wants to have and has already started on it.

You should be very proud of him Lis.

love
    rosie
  14. srollins

srollins New Member

i can not tell you how happy i am for you, and please do brag.

i know how your heart must feel. so often we spend too much time on what they did to upsetr us.it is wonderful to hear some good.

i myself tend to be somewhat introverted but just start talking about my grandbabies and watch me perk up!!!!

so you go girl and toot your horn. all mothers should be so blessed.

hugs,
    shirley
  15. jole

jole Member

Nothing is better for us as parents than to see our children be good, upstanding young people. In this day and age you have so much to be proud of. Even if he decides this isn't what he wants to do later, what a wonderful learning experience.

He doesn't get that caring nature without seeing it somewhere, mom! Good job!
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You certainly have a right to be Proud as well as your
    Son. My two Nephews (Brothers) are now Police Officers
    after having been Police Cadets here in the Bay Area!
    The younger Brother has already rec. numerous commendations
    for his contributions to law enforcement.

I'm happy that your Son has the opportunity to learn and
    participate in Fire Science. It will paved the way for
    a rewarding life of Civil Service and self fulfillment!

Kudos to your Son and you also!
    MRDAD
  17. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

Of course you can always brag about your kids here. They are for most of us, the best thing we will ever accomplish in our lifetime and give to the future. He will absolutely be making a difference in this world. I don't know him, but I am proud of him and proud for you! I have one son going to college to be an FBI agent. There is not a better reflection of good parenting than our children! This is the only one area that I will brag.

Congratulations to your son and your family!

May he always be safe, God Bless

Jane