OT cat hernia question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Has anyone had a cat that has had a small hernia .. congenital I think .. it was supposed to be taken care of when our Lucy was spayed and front claws done .. she is 5 now and lately she has been throwing up a bit at night for the last 2 weeks ..
    I thought it was a furball problem .. bought the grease in a tube (she won't even give it a try) and the Purina cat chow for furballs .. she does like that.
    I'm really just looking for anyone with experience with this in their cat .. I'm making an appointment for her with our vet this week ... just to make sure she isn't in danger with this .. they said it was not a problem before.
    Any input much appreciated !
    Fudge : )
    PS .. our cats are totally indoor cats.
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I thought this post was going to be a complete dead air one .. so thank you !!
    $860 ... later ... she is in over night for a battery of tests .. blood urinalyis .. xrays ... the mysteries thing is vomiting byle ? just in the wee hours of the morning ... it might be her liver or pancreas ..
    We are stressed .. the bill is huge (almost as much as private human care) ... but we love our two cats tremdously and if we can squeeze out that money we have to .. otherwise if it is the begnning of something serious it will only get worse ..
    It was hard leaving her there .. but better than bringing her home and then having to bring her back for the testing.
    I so hope they can find some answers from the tests today .. my mind is stuck on scary stuff .. and I just want her back home so badly.
    Thanks again butzie for looking in !
    Fudge : )