OT Clay on AI last night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, May 25, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Okay, am I the only person in the country that thinks the hair was a wig to make him look like Elton John??

Hubby said it was all over the blogs (he calls them "blobs" LOL) talking about the hair and also our local radio station.

I called the station but they thought I was wrong and I have not heard anyone say they thought it was a wig. Maybe the bit was too subtle and he should have gone for the glasses too.

Hey, the kid was dressed like Clay, Clay was dressed like Elton... get it??

Sonya
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

To tell you the truth, I thought it was a joke, but evidentally it was not!!

I'm not sure Clay looks right rigged up like that! I almost didn't recognize him.

Kinsie
  3. I am glad I taped it, I missed him but saw a picture on The View of him, it didn't even look like him!
  4. gladone

gladone New Member

I'm not sure what I think of the new look. I get sick of my same old hair do, he must too.

The problem is that I've not seen Clay in a while and I was suprised by the look. The poor fan guy looked more like the Clay I remembered than Clay himself did.

With that said, I guess I could get used to it. I think the bangs were just a bit to long, so he looked girlie to me.

Have a great day,
    Gladone

5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I do not think he is Gay! My husband and I thought it look more like a beatle haircut.And his suit look English.Why is it people always think someone is Gay just because they are not very muscular and of a thin build?
    I liked him the way he was .Clean cut.I really couldn't beleave it was him at first.
    And sorry the other Kid I think was fake and it was all put on, for a laugh.
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

His looks have certainly changed. I, too, did not recognize him at firt.

He still can sing and I was happy to hear him again. He is a good person along with being a great singer.

7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Even if I didn't recognize him at first. I thought he looked like a beatle too, its a popular retro look again. Not the best look for him though. The spiked hair made him look much cuter. But maybe he didn't want to come out looking just like his wannabe.

I don't assume Clay is gay just because he is kind of effeminate. Lots of guys are, but not gay, lots of gay men are macho and roughneck, but still gay.

I've been asking for him all season. Ron's been curious too, because I'm always talking about what a great voice Clay had, how he was a balladeer and kind of broadway, and still my favourite idol anyway. I'm a rocker, so it's unusual for me. But I love his everyman look, and that he is a teacher for special needs, and just the sweetest idol I can remember. he was always lending a hand to the ladies, a perfect gentleman, and the first to reach out and comfort another trembling in fear of elimination idol.

And man, could that man carry a note, all the way into next week even. My favourite song by him was Unchained Melody.

Jeanne
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

He changed his hair, but he still sounded great! I don't think that other kid was a joke, I think that other guy was for real.

I have always loved Clay and bought his one CD. So far, though Elliott Yamin is my favorite from the Idols shows by far.

I have downloaded 12 of the songs Elliott did to iTunes and I plan on making myself an Elliott Yamin CD. :)

The site has free songs to download of Elliott's from the show and is everythingelliott.com

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

That hair color is way too dark for him~
    yes,... it looked fake.
  10. YvonneM

YvonneM New Member

what a great change for him.... they all change, it is just part of the industry... he is still Clay,,,,
  11. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Hubby LOVES Elliot!

Sonya
  12. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well tell your hubby he has good taste. lol I hope he enjoys that URL and here is another one for him:

http://www.yaminfans.com/

On this site you can hear the songs and it has other info too. I have a bunch of Elliott sites bookmarked and I just keep on going... lol

Love,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2006]
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

till the end...i just didn't get it..but i did

jodie
  14. Empower

Empower New Member

I love Clay, but do not like the hair

My husband says he looks like Pee Wee Herman - ouch!
  15. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

At first I thought it WAS Elton John, since it was one of his songs the kid was singing. BTW, I don't think it was a 'put on'. I think the kid really WAS totally shocked!!

Anyway, not crazy about that look-makes him look like PeeWee Herman, IMHO, and I LOVE Clay!! He is an amazing young man.

I think he'll get enough feedback from people to probably make a change BACK to the way we all have known and loved him!
  16. carebelle

carebelle New Member

"the innocent look in his eyes " Wow your right the first feeling I got when I saw him was, he looked like someone who had just experienced something very traumatic .Almost like a shell of a person.It really spooked me .Just a feeling.I'm glad I wasn't the only person who felt something was wrong.
    I really like him and his voice .I hope he is alright and returns to being the young man we all love .I missed his clean cut innocent everyday normal guy look.I would like to see him interviewed now with that look so we can tell hes the same guy.
  17. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

What do you all expect, he has been the butt of jokes on David Letterman for a long time about being gay, which I don't believe. Of course he would try to change his image. I would too if people kept saying I was gay.

Maybe he thought it was his old look is why people would say that.

I knew it was Clay right from the start and just thought to myself, "oh, he has decided to let his hair grow out."

His voice is even better than ever. He does look like he may have gained some weight, but he was on the thin side before.

Perhaps he did that to get people to start talking about him, which he has accomplished. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  18. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I don't believe that he is gay either or any of the other TRASH that is going around. I pray for him and that he will take it in stride and give it the attention it needs, which is NONE.

Almost all stars get attacked, it is part of the game of celebrity. Anyone who does not believe that, just pick up a copy of the National Enquirer (then wash your hands!)

Sonya