OT: Clydesdales are here! Picture!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

The Clydesdales arrived at our barn last night. It turns out the y stay there whenever they are in town. There are 10 horses in this hitch. They have 5 handlers and they travel with the dalmation dog and a miniature donkey.

They turned them out in pairs in the Arena this morning so they could romp around. They were pushing around the barrels and playing and running. We can take picture and visit them all we want no treats however. the handlers are pretty laid back and very nice. When I left they were clipping them. They stay clipped and do not grow in winter coats. They have several blankets and all kinds of equipment all red and green and labeled with the budwiser logos. Everything even the brushes.

My dad is comign out tomorrow morning to see them and meet Sophie. I am such a big kid! Hope you enjoy the picture! Wish I could post more than one. Lynn
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I love the picture. I grew up in St. Louis and we used to go out to Grant's Farm to see the Clydesdales. They're so huge up close!

Maybe you could throw a football in the arena and see what happens :)

Jan
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

What beautiful horses.

I live in RI and have gone to the Budweiser plant a few times and have gotten to see them.I love it.

Thanks again.
    Sue
  4. pamj

pamj New Member

You are so lucky!!! I remember seeing them before, and they are amazing!

Enjoy their visit :)

take care,
    Pam
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

Thank you! They are beautiful horses and sounds like they are pampered as much as we pamper our dogs. You are so lucky to have them there. A wonderful experience for you.

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. cobie

cobie New Member

Hi, They look beautiful,with great red coats for xmas! wonderful creatures. cobie
  7. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

I was born april 18th 66 too i also like to sing and i play music by ear. those horses are so beautiful. I also fix old furniture and love to redo things.nice to meet you ronda
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Nice thing to happen near Christmas too!
  9. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I have gotten to see them up close a few times and they are amazing!!

Dani
  10. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

They are beautiful!

DH took a business trip to St Louis in the early 70's and we got to see them up close. Gorgeous, beautiful horses.

Thanks for posting the picture, and enjoy their visit. :)

Mar
  11. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I really enjoyed the picture. If you have your pictures in digital form, could you put up a new one every day or so? How long are they going to be at your barn?

Another big kid,
    Little Bluestem
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

area . when my ex-husband was in the presidential honor guard for the us coast guard....there were many parades to work in for him and me to watch....i have pics at home they were always one of my favorite parts of the parades...

pretty aren't they..

jodie
  13. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Oh Lynn ~~~ they are so beautiful. If you can, post some more pics. Where are they showing? Of course, its more fun just "hanging out" with them I would think.

Enjoy those big beautiful babies.

Sandy
  14. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

This morning they were just playing in the Arena. They got their legs Shampooed and they were vacuummed off. They have 6 handlers that travel with them. The dog they have is named Otis. He has a blanket that matches the horses.

The Donkey is margaret. She got to play today too. She is so cute and full of energy. She is a miniature donkey and she was running with the big boys. Four Clydes and one donkey in the arena. When they took the big boys out she brayed and brayed until they came back and got her.

The biggest is 19.2 The heaviest is 18.3 and he weighs 2200 lbs. They really are beautiful. My dad came out this morning and took pictures. Tonight they had an Appearance in Cartersville. I will post another picture tomorrow then opne of the donkey. She really is cute. Lynn

PS Ronda- Sounds like we have so much in common! We love all of the same things. Take Care. Lynn