OT: computer problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sydneysider, May 3, 2006.

1. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

My computer is failing to remember usernames and passwords, even though I keep ticking yes in the pop-up window.

Any ideas about why this may be occuring would be greatly appreciated.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

your cookies blocked. Websites put cookies on your computer to remember just such things.

Hope this helps.

God Bless.
  3. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I picked up some viruses a while back, and ran adaware, and spybot, and checked for windows updates. The computer cleaned up well, but I was left with this one problem.

Any ideas on how to unblock cookies? I'm not sure if I can figure this out.

Thanks again, any further ideas also greatly appreciated.
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Click on tools, then click on INTERNET options. Ounce the options dialog opens click on the tab labeled Content. Select the AutoComplete button. In the resulting dialog select prompt me to save passwords.

Close INTERNET explorer.

Right click your INTERNET explorer desktop icon and select properties. On the General tab select delete cookies(This will clear the cookie cache). Click the OK button and open INTERNET explorer come to this site and login and it should prompt you to save name and password.

Jake
  5. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

Thanks jakeg

I followed your instructions, however, the problem still seems to be there.

I get the pop-up window asking if I want to save the username and password. I click 'yes', but if I log out and then re-enter, nothing has been remembered, and I have to retype every time. Maybe I need to restart the computer?

I wander if the computer has fibro fog?

After browsing through a book that I have, I wander if it might have something to do with "security', 'custom level'.

Anyhow, I'll keep fiddling, and see if I can figure it out.
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I don't want that information (password, etc.) to be on someone else's computer. Who knows who has access to that info! Especially if you use the info for other things than site passwords.

God Bless.