OT: Confessions of a Pro Health Message Boardaholoic...(just fun)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Sep 2, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I came back to edit this (09/02/06 @ 4:29) to say this is just for fun and I mean no harm.

It is all true and I am not saying that being on this board is a bad thing or anything close to that. I am just poking fun at myself and thought some of you might enjoy a laugh.

It is Saturday morning and I haven't had a shower. Why you may ask...well here I am at my old Packard Bell. Yes my computer is so old they do not even manufacture it any longer.

I am drinking a glass of water (it's a good thing), smoking a cigarette (not a good thing) I know-so no sermons please, and drying a load of clothes.

I have to get ready to go out to get my pain meds (Darvocet N-100) soon (I have one left) and that means find my hat because Saturday is "bad hair hat day" in my world.

I love Saturday because I do no have to work and it is kind of a lazy day but not as lazy as Sunday...LOL

As usual I have spent a long time on this wonderful board reading interesting, funny, sad, heart breaking, uplifting, and just about every other emotion you can throw into the mix.

Now it will be what I call the "Frenzy of Karen" I hope I am not the only one that does things like this:

Oh gosh LIL, (live in love) of 22, years is coming down the drive (he has been at his mothers) and yet again the minute he left I rushed to the old computer had to see what I missed...never mind that I was on here until 2:00AM ;)

I start shutting down the computer-he is getting out of the truck...oh come you slow thing...darn not fast enough I just have to turn off the power on it again.

One of these it will blow up on me and then I will be in a fix. I need to start putting it stand-by...note to self.

Rush to the kitchen (well not really a rush more of hobble) and start the dish water. So glad he always stops to talk to our dog (always knew she would come in handy) and play with her a bit.

Door opens "I babe how is your mom doing?" he replies "I tried to call you. I guess you've been on that damned computer again" and then he winks and smiles.

You just gotta love him! :)

The usual Saturday at my house. Well I got to go find my hat which I can never seem to find one week to the next and get to the drug store....

See you all soon I am sure. To continue the on going saga of a Pro Health Message Boardaholoic named Karen...

[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I love your story! Sounds as if you have a great husband

too! Don't worry about your hair today. My "old" Squeeze

Has been Beautician for over 40 yrs. and she is known

all around her Town as the "HAT LADY". Never liked to

do her own hair and few people have seen her without a

hat!

I was just going to start a new WeekEnd thread on that

subject for a little fun. Well Karen, don't forget to

take "time out" to feed the "Old Man" and Rover.

Packard Bell?? Thought he died!! But not the COMPUTER??

Take care,
    MRDAD

3. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Hi Karen- My name is Mary. Diagnosed with fibro a little over a year ago. Found this board and loved it.Learned tons of useful info. (maybe more than my doctors)I was so happy to not be alone and have some caring people to turn to. Finally I had proof that I wasn't crazy.Spent every minute I could spare reading and chatting. It was womderful to have sypathetic people on my side. I was very sick and lots of trial and error with docs and meds.
    After a few months I had to focus on work more for fear of loosing my job. My realationship with my husband was centered around this board. (You) people; even though no one knew; had become my family and lifeline. Suddenly, something made me turn this darn thing off and put what little energy I had into "my" life.Without realizing it, I slowly felt better. I focused more on "me" than everyone else. I've had a bad spell the last couple of weeks and checked in here along with my doctor to see whats new. I guess my point is that misery really does love company.Not sure if this makes sense to you but I wish you good health and hope you enjoy life as much as possible.Gentle hugs!! Mary
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Karen

I'm so old I remember when a Packard was a car.

But don't worry. No matter how old your computer gets, the electrons are good as new.
  5. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Been feeling down, the usual family stuff that goes along with these DD's.

Your bright & cheery post is wonderful and I got a huge kick out of it.

Reminds me of the good old days when Mom & Dad would go somewhere, and we were not to watch TV while they were gone. (This was early 1960's!) So, of course we watched tv, then turned it off fast when we heard the car in the drive. The tv had one of those little dots in the center of it that took forever to disappear, LOL!! Five pairs of eyes stared at that dot until it was gone, hoping it would be before Mom and Dad walked in the door.

Also funny was oldest brother would always say, "Nobody did nothin'!!!" LOL.

I lurk more than I post, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed this post & thank you!!
  6. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi mrdad - So glad you like my little story and it all true. Yes I am very lucky my LIL (live in love) is great. We are not married but we have been together for 22 years 23 next month.

Trust me I have to wear the hat because I have very fine and oily hair that has to be shampooed every day but I let slide on Saturday's and when I am too sick. Oh he does most of the cooking too!!! :) --Thanks Karen :)

Hi prickles - aka Hat Lady :) Oh I just did this for fun. I am in no way saying that being on this board is a bad thing...far from it. I love this board and everyone here. I just sharing a light look at my Saturday that's all. Please do not take my post the wrong way. It is only meant as fun.--Thanks

Hi Mary - I have FMS (1998) along with a number of other things including a pituitary tumor (2006) which has been making me quite sick.

I made this post for fun and look at light side of my life...for a laugh-lord knows we all need a laugh every now and then. Laughter is very good for the body.

Yes I love and enjoy this board and all of the people on it but it is not the center of my life. I am happy to inform you that I have a very full and active life all be it an ill one.

I work at a part time position which I enjoy although as with any job it does have its good points and bad points. I am a medical transcriptionist. I have a background in medical coding and I slowing studying to set for a certification exam.

I have friends whom I see on a regular basis and a mother who I have taken care of for over 15 years who is now in a nursing home that I visit as often as I can. I have a variety of interests including reading, music, community issues.

So springlakeorphan (Mary) I am asking you to please do not assume that I am miserable because I enjoy this board because I can assure that I am not.

I pop on this board whether I am feeling good or not.

Yes I do get depressed every now and again but my goodness who doesn't with these DDs.

Mary I hope you will feel better soon and that you will have a lovely weekend. If you need any help just post and we will try to help you. This board is a great support system. Sending you good thoughts--Thanks :)

Rockgor - As usual you are too funny. Thanks for being you :)

Federicka - I am sorry you have been feeling down. I am so glad my little post cheered you up that is what I was going for just the light side of my life. We all need a breather and some laughter don't we?

I loved you story about watching TV and that dot...I do remember...LOL Your oldest brother must have been so funny :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me I really appreciate it. Sounds like some wonderful memories from you childhood.

Thank you so much for reading my post and for being so kind. I really hope you will be feeling better soon.--Thanks Karen :)

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I loved both of your stories...

And I'm old enough to remember that darn dot too!!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

I certainly don't want to "kill ya...LOL Well you are going to have to tell me what the other 11-Steps are because I haven't a clue.

I am glad I could crack you up though...do you need any glue to put yourself back together?

You can smack the smile off my face just close your eyes and take a swing at a Jackie O wannabe...I have her hair cut and the sunglasses and yes my hair is dark. I am just slight heavier than she was not much...LOL (In my dreams).

I am available any day except Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday my work days. I am such a goof my inner child will be there too. Thank you for wanting to help with my uncontrollable urge...LOL--Karen

Prickles - I am so glad I did not offend you and I agree with you physicians should prescribe a dose of this site is sure does help.--Thanks Karen

Hi Nancy - Glad you like the story. Yeah that dot I would bet there are a lot of use that remember it...LOL--Thanks Karen

Hi Mable - My mother use to tell me about listening to radio soaps when her dad was away from the farm.--Thanks Karen

Wendy - I agree and you are too funny!! LOL :)
    --Thanks Karen