OT Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, dead at 44

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Sep 3, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Check out the news articles on the Internet. Steve was killed today by a stingray barb into his heart while he was filming.

I'm numb, shocked... I loved this man so very much and he will be missed greatly.

Faye
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, I am sorry for the loss. He was quite a person. It sounds like a freak accident because most people are killed by Sting Rays.

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i think he has two little children or tots....what a sad thing...

jodie
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

A real shame. A nice guy and a great spokesman for wildlife.

How absurd that so many of the great men in history accomplished little but getting people killed in wars.
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I just read everything I could get on it. Everybody loves Steve Irwin. :(

Sting ray barbs to the heart are so rare. Usually a person just accicentally steps on a ray to make it sting and it hurts like heck and heals up. It was just some freak accident that he was killed this way.

((Irwins))
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I could hardly sleep because of this. I was a huge fan of Steve and Terri's and his family, knew so much about him. Watched all of his shows, over and over, etc.

I tried to get into his websites hours ago and they were both down, Australia Zoo and his website.

Wendy, I loved this man with my heart and soul and he taught the world so much about wildlife.

Through repeats of his shows, he'll continue to teach people about conservation. I hope Terri carries on at Australia Zoo. Poor Bindi and Bob, and then there is his dad, Bob, and he has several sisters.

His mum, Lyn died in an auto accident around 2000.

He was and will always be one of my favorite people in the world. God love him now and always! Steve is now with his mum, Lyn, and his dog, Sui, who died of cancer.

I still just can't believe he is gone. :( I'm still in shock.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. lease79

lease79 New Member

So SO sad :( My thoughts & prayers are with his wife & his two beautiful little children. I can't begin to imagine what they must be going through right now :(
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

she is in tasmania i can believe they would post this news without her knowing, how terrible. charlene i loved him
    up date wife now knows.[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2006]
  9. I was shocked when I woke up to hearing this. So sad , he was so young and vibrant. And worse having those two little kids growing up without their dad. But like they said if he had to go at least He died doing what he loves best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind.
  10. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

This is very sad to me. I am sure that his wife and kids need all the support they can get. It is very rare that a barb to the heart by a Sting-ray would ever happen. His Wife Terri is from Oregon USA; Perhaps she will come back to the states to resume her life here. This news just makes me so sad.....

My Sympathies to the Family, May God watch over them!!!

Steve you are a wonderful person!

Noahvale--Kathy

11. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I am in bed sick and my husband came in to tell me, it's so terrible I loved that show and him..
    There will never be another Steve Irwin..I am in shock I can't believe it.
    My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children, and the crew at the zoo.

Kelly
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was so shocked. I feel like a friend died. The world will miss him. He was such a great ambassador for Australia and for the animals of the word.

I can not imagine how much his family will miss him. I know I will. I loved his energy, zest for life, love of animals and family.

He was one of a kind...no one will every replace him. May his soul be at peace.
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My little boy, Danny, the one with autism, was just devasted by this. He does not understand that the shows are taped and he thinks he will never ever be able to see him again. He loves this show and also Jeff Corwin.

We just took him over to his friend's house(she is also autistic) so they can play and fel happier.

The barrier reef and Australia itself is full of some of teh most poisonous and dangerous cretaures in the world. This guy died doing what he loves best which is more than we could say for most. But it is sad.

Love Anne
  14. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

This is the first I've heard about it!
    How terrible.
  15. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

There will be an old interview from 2004, I believe it is, on Larry King Live on CNN tonight 9 PM EDT.

There is a rerun of one of his shark shows on Animal Planet at 8 PM tonight,
    EDT.

I have people writing to me about other matters and I sort of feel like screaming that the only thing that matters right now is that Steve died! I'm still that upset. I idolized that man and watched every new show he had on, even the New Breed Vet shows.

Hugs and peace,
    Faye
  16. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

What a terrible loss it is, my heart goes out to Terri and their children, but again there are always risks in doing what you love but he died doing what he loved best.

Farewll Steve, you will be missed.

Love, Ann
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow Again!! as above stated What a One of a kind soul he was and now is in Heaven!! Praying for his wife and Babies!!

He was on Jay Leno as of late, maybe about a month ago and was so excited about his Kids!! and all his safari endevors!...................................God Bless Steve Irwin..
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2006]
  18. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm a big Steve Irwin fan. I thought he was a great advocate for wildlife and the environment.

What a shock.

Kholmes
  19. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've been watching Animal Planet and the reruns of his shows now for hours. It causes tears, but better to get them out than hold them in. I haven't cried for years, I don't think.

All your comments, have actually helped *me* to feel better and I'm really not the one affected, it would be his family and friends.

There is supposed to be a special next Sunday on Animal Planet. I don't know the date or time, but I'll post it when I find out.

I'm so happy that so many of you loved this man and what he stood for. He made the world a better place and through his shows and films this will continue for many years to come.

God Bless Steve Irwin and his family and friends!

I printed up a nice photo of Steve, Terri, and Harriett, the tortoise who died (at 175 years old in June).

Hugs,
    Faye
  20. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I have been watching the same specials too, I saw them

back when they first aired, and it is so hard to watch

them again tonight, but just like you I wanted to cry it

out...I have been thinking on and off about it all day

and I just needed to go ahead and mourn.

I always wanted to go to Australia to see the zoo and to

see him live and in action. I started watching him years

ago when he first started on Discovery and have been such

a great fan every since, he had such a zest for life and

he made it known that he loved conservation, the zoo and

most of all his family.

It's so hard knowing that Bindy was daddy's girl and

little Bob will never really know his dad except thru

those great home made movies of him when he was so young

living in the bush and trapping croc's!

He may have just been a personality on tv but we

become very attached to these folks, like we know them and

he was such a likable person with a fantastic personality.

I will miss you tremendously Steve!

Blessings,
    Kelly

Keep us posted ilovecats94 when you find out the date of the special.