OT Do you believe in life after death?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by CockatooMom, Aug 17, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

In reading the post on Sylvia Brown this morning (on the FM board) it got me thinking...

I was raised in a religion that does not believe in our souls or spirits living on after our fleshly bodies die.

So, how many of you believe in life after death and why?
    I would like to believe it's true.

Just curious,
    E
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

First I just want to say that I looked at your profile and you are beautiful!

Please see that post about near death experiences on this board started by kholmes. There are some amazing stories there and I just added mine. Hugs, Tam
  3. goldenrule

goldenrule New Member

I have a question for you... not to sound brass... please forgive me if I do:

Do you believe in God?

If so, do you believe that God died for your sins?

If so, have you accepted him in your life?

I think therein lies your answer. No one can decide but you... God gives us that freedom of choice.
  4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Tam~
    Thank you for the compliment. I did get to read the NDE’s on Kholmes thread. It was wonderful and gave me hope. I think you are beautiful as well.

Omeomy~
    Thank you for sharing your story with me about your son.. It was touching.

Goldenrule~ In answer to your questions…YES.

Thank you all for your replies.
    Have a wonderful day!

E

[This Message was Edited on 08/20/2006]
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

6. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

This may not be any of my business, but I too am curious..
    If I am out of line just tell me so...ok..

What religion were you raised in..What were you raised to believe happened when you died?

I know everyone comes from different places and beliefs..I am just wanting to learn..

Thanks
    Tami

7. blinded

blinded New Member

i've jumped over here from depression board. yes, i do believe in life after death. in fact when i was at some of my worst times, i felt that i could die and find that golden peace --it would be great. i had a car accident and for that split second or two felt that glorious peace that i so search for. i was ready to die and actually had hoped for it at times. i needed something to relieve the pain.

someday, i hope to be there and i don't believe i will fight it at all.

hope you have a great day.

blinded.
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

I watched my mom, dad and MIL all die. I wasn't in the room with them when it happened but was with all three of them shortly before the event.

My mom lived for 3 weeks when she was given less than 24 hours to live. She spent those three weeks staring at the wall. Occasionally she said, "Mamma", which is what she always called her mom. I believe that her mom was coming for her.

My dad told us that his "little friends" were with him the night that he fell on the floor and spent the whole night there alone. He told us that he wasn't alone that his "little friends" gave him a hat and a scarf to keep him warm.

His "little friends" had been visiting him for several months before he died, a few days after spending the night on the floor.

When my MIL was dying she too stared at the blank wall in the hospital room. She kept telling us about the "beautiful garden with the most beautiful white roses" she had ever seen. She said that she wanted to go there so badly. Her daughters (all nurses) told her not to worry that she would be going there soon. And she did!

When we went to visit her in the hospital she told us that we had "just missed" seeing my FIL. He had been in her room (although he had been dead 24 years.)

Pepper
  9. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi there,

sounds like you got some very good advice for your post.

I have to say I don't know how you can say it better then what omeeomy wrote about her son. What a beautiful story

I know that one day I will be home with God and it is a good feeling, but I sure could not explain it as well as omeeomy

God Bless you and thank you for sharing

kgangel
  10. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Revelation 21:3&4, 2 Corinthians 5:10, 1 Corinthians 3:10-15,
    John 14:6, 1 John 5:11-12, Matthew 6:19-21, 2 Corinthians 6-8, 1 Corinthians 15:42-44, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Gods love and promise for us ALL: John 3:16&17!!!!