OT: Do you have a raggedy outfit that you love to wear?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Sep 10, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

So off topic.

I opened my drawer and pulled out my very washed out t-shirt that is big as a tent. This shirt is SOOOO comfy, it got a happy colors print saying "I am never growing up!"
    It should say "I am never letting go of this shirt!".

It is washed out in color, I even wore it as the only fitting shirt in my 9th month of pregnancy. But when I pull this shirt on I feel comfy and happy! It's warm and big.

I shouldn't go out in it, it makes me look bag-lady-ish, but I DON'T CARE! At least I'm smiling,,,LOL!

Do you have an outfit that is overdue for the dump? Please post, I would love to hear it!
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

Hi, lenasvn! I have an old tee shirt, made of organically grown cotton, that I got when I wandered into a vegan convention in a hall next to the hall my school nurses convention was in.

It is very big on me, has a big silk screened plate and utensils on it and fruits and vegies, as if set for dinner, has bright colors and feels wonderful to wear. I don't wear it out of the house, though.

I love it, but it does look quite odd.

But when I need comfort clothes, my 'vegan shirt' and my favorite old blue sweat pants are the right answer!

this is not that far off topic. we all need comfort clothes!!

Peace, Beth
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Bumping for more replies,,,hope there are more goofballs out there!
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

It is a white tee shirt that has a picture of the old hallmark card lady, can't remember her name right now. She is sitting in a chair with her can in her hand up on the air.

Her kitty is sitting by her feet , she is wearing bunnie slippers and a floral moomoo thing and says

I've still got!

But nobody wants to see it!

I bought it at a thrift store in the ealy 90's . The white isn't quite white anymore. So I don't wear it in public

My second shirt is a tee that says " I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it."

Carla
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Oh boy, you would bring this up. I finally convinced myself that I MUST get rid of this hodgepodge of clothing that feels so good and looks so bad.

My favorite sweats had a hole in the crotch (they are now gone). My favorite sweatshirts all have bleach spots on the left sleeve - go figure, except I'm right-handed. I had a nightgown in the To Be Mended pile, decided it should be thrown out - then got it back out of the trash and put it back on the pile to be mended.

I don't know if I'm after physical or emotional comfort here! Pretty soon I'll start dragging around a bankie. In fact that sounds like an excellent idea. I'll call it a throw.

Marta
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, how fun, you all!

Marta, don't get me going on the blankie now, I freeze in the grocery store,, perfect place to have a blankie handy,,,LOL!
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I just got a bunch of PJ's yesterday that were on sale from Penny's and Romans catalog ,lol all over sized and soft cotton.
    I folded them and put them away . lol
    I got out my old raggedy ones and decided Id save the others for winter to be nice and warm because I hibernate in the winter specially if we get moved to Ohio. LOL
    I just want soft stuff next to my body I can't stand anything else.

This is the first year I have brought more PJ's then cloths.Go figure

I'm thinking of making a BIG statement and start wearing them everywhere. :)
  8. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

the old washed 100 times flannel pj's are so soft and thin, but the most comfortable. I have new ones, but the old ones are the best. They're going to rip one of these days they are getting so thin.
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i have a black cardigan jacket that hubby says that i should give too GoodWill.

I say that I might wear it again (and i do). i was going through my photo albums the other day and my albums all have year dates on the back.i There in 1988 was me in the black jacket going to the car on Easter. Couldn't believe it.

i also have a faded short nightie that is soooo soft. Doesn't look very good but it feeeels so good.' I'll keep weaaring it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it is soft, i keep it. i guess you all know that story.

Couldn't we all ask for spell check?? i am sooo bad.

Gentle Hugs

joan
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I remembered my Favorite Thing. It actually is a throw that I bought at TJ Maxx about six years ago for $20. It's silk-covered down and in spite of the Dry Clean tag has been washed and dried too many times to count. I find that I like it better than a quilt or blanket because I get hot, then cold and can pull it on and off easily. And it's soooo soft.

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr.

Marta