OT-Do you know anyone who can help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,
    My friend and her husband really need help. She is on SSI and he is waiting for approval for SSI. The only money they have coming in is her check. Their truck broke down yesterday in another town, and they had to borrow a car to get home. They have no money to fix their truck, and really need it because they live in a rural mountain area.

Does anyone know if there are any groups of any kind they could turn to for some help? They are alreaady paying on a loan they had to get to fix the truck the last time it broke down. They won't accept money from me, and, to be honest, I really can't afford that, anyway.

I would be glad for any ideas or nformation you might have.

Gratefully,
    Terry
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Maybe they can trade something for the services of a man that can fix the truck. Firewood or something.

Keep saving for that harness!lol
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

we have a scheme running called something like time bank and basically my husband will dig someones garden over and i will do some dog training for nothing and so have enough in the 'bank' for someone else to come by and fix my car.

try putting some feelers out to see if you have a local scheme like this??
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You do not have to be Catholic.They helped me when I hit rock bottom.Somebody else called for me
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

In Vermont, we have a place called Good News Garage which gives cars to people who are in need. People donate old, not necessarily running, cars and they fix them up and give them to the people who need them. Perhaps there is something like that in your area?
  6. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Do they belong to a church? My church has helped me out countless of times. They have been a God send.

The other one is ST. Vincent de Paul that we have had help from here in Phoenix Arizona. They are very helpful for people in need of a boost.

Hope this helps,

God bless,
    Christina
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for responding and for our good ideas.

Happy New Year!!!

Terry