OT...does anyone crave SUGAR or SWEET after a nap

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jun 29, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

OMG...everytime I take a nap..at least 1 time a day :) I wake to NEEDING sugar, well not sugar raw, but like sweets...for quite a few minutes, like this time I didnt have much at home, so I had FLUFF on a spoon...how sad hu...anyone else get like this? and why???????????????? thanks beck
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2006]
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

I always eat myself sick, now my belly looks like im 8 1/2 mnths prego and i feel like BARF!!!!!!!
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I do this too...if I cant find sugar then I have to settle for peanut butter or something like that..I dont know if it is an adrenal thing where we need the quick boost of a soaring blood sugar or what..I have done this for a couple of years.

We must be due at the same time cause I look 8 1/2 months pregnant too =)...Its so nasty isn't it?
  4. reckabek

reckabek New Member

It is so nasty lol....i have to go somewhere and i havent even eaten dinner yet...and im blown up like a hot air balloon.... Yeah i need something sweet...something...it seems its newer to me too...yrs as to what i have noticed it..and ive been napping my whole life...even if i go to bed (nap) stuffed...i wake and NEED sweet. I dont do this in the morning tho...wierd hu...beck
  5. reckabek

reckabek New Member

im always tired.... and sometimes i sleep when i just ate? so.... but it could be at times...maybe i do all the things i'd wish i could do in real life in my sleep, and then i am hungry when i awake...hehehehehe./...thanks, beck
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I dont know what it is, but I must have something sweet. Usually it is a spoonful of peanut butter or something, but I always crave sweet not salty. This just happened to me today!
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Beck, it's probably your body craving the energy it knows it will need when you get up. Also our resolve fades with rest.

Don't listen to it though. Sugary things offer a quick high with an equal or lower low. Have a healthy protein snack.

Marta
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I just read a report on pain control and it said that they beleive due to quite large research, that sugar actually may help pain. Maybe you are stiff after a nap and the sugar helps to flex.

Love Anne Crom
  9. millennia

millennia New Member

It's gotten to the point that I almost don't want to nap because I know I'll eat something sweet as soon as I get up.
  10. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

First I need sugar then salt well chocolate then potato chips,oh I drive myself crazy if I can't have both!
    Hugs,
    Mary
  11. reckabek

reckabek New Member

wow im not alone...isnt it wierd...but does it happen also after a nights sleep, cause it DOESNT to me...just a nap....so interesting..thanks gals and guys

[ advertisement ]