OT: Does anyone worry about Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendy5, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Everybody, With the weather getting so hot it worries me wondering if it is because of "Global Warming"??

It's on the news all the time about the earth slowing in rotation which they say could be causing this heat that will only get worse.

I know that I feel worse than I have yet with my pain and nothing seems to relieve it. Our air conditioner is working so hard to keep it cool but it's straining.

Any thoughts on this subject, please share them.

carolin

2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? WORRY ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING??

Gads if you read the news everyday with everything going on in the Middle-East, and around the World... well it would drive one crazy.

This darn disease takes up so much of my thinking, as well as other health issues, well I just don't have the stamina to worry about the World falling apart!

Besides, we serve a great-big God who is.."Large and in charge"!! So I try not to take on the cares and woes of this World. I pray for those things... then I just leave em at the feet of my Father God who upholds the whole World in the palm of His hand. I figure He can do a much better job of sortin it all out than I can.

So bottom line... I try not to borrow anymore worries than I need to personally carry. Besides, Jesus said..."Cast all your care upon Him".... so that is what I intend to do with "global warming"!

Thanks for letting me post my point-of-view!

Blessings to you Carolin.... CarolK
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Al Gores movie is excellent and even if you do not share his political views which he does not express in the movie, try and watch it it has some superb footage. There is only one major world government still denying Global Warming and it has the same initials(LOL)

Anne Cromwell
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

wouldn't that mean less friction w/ the atmosphere; therefore less heat?

But I don't care. One of the few benefit of growing old is the realization that one won't be here much longer. The young people will have to take care of the problems.
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I feel sad that the leadership of our country refuses to address this issue , as well as our dependence on OIL.
    When I look at a country like Brazil, that is no longer so dependent on oil ( ethanol supports them now) I can not fathom a GOOD REASON for us to be stuck where we are .
  6. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I saw Al Gore's movie and actually just got a book about it from the library. It's hard to deny that we are impacting Earth's climate, yet people still do. Diane
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I agree with CarolK 100%. I put this situation in God's hands. I try not to worry..period. To me worry equals stress and stress is just a bad thing for our health.

Lolalee

P.S. I went back and re-read my post and I really didn't mean to sound uncaring. I recycle, try to conserve gasoline, have eliminated our lawn and planted a natural landscape that doesn't need much water and more. I do what I can and pray for world leaders and our planet Earth, but I don't worry.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I think this is why hurricanes are getting worse or so that's what they say. I understand your point of view. Yes. Global Warming is causing changes in the weather patterns. Before it's finished, it will probably cause global wipeout.(hurricanes)

Kriket
  9. KerryK

KerryK Member

I am not convinced that the process is human induced. Even if it is, I am not convinced it is a real big problem. Finally, I really hope it is happening since, as a frostbitten boy living in the Canadian prairies, I can see a lot of upside to global warming. Its not all just bad news.
  10. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Anyone here think that just maybe the people who are really in control put things like global warming so much in our faces to keep us from paying attention to the real harm they're doing to everyone on this planet?

Just a thought.
    Barb
  11. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

As long as I can remember the weather has always affected the way someone feels. My pain has been worst this year than it's ever been and I think it's got something to do with the heat.

I believe storms will only get worse with this heat, this year has already been predicted to be the worse with hurricanes/storms.

Again, thanks to all of you for responding to my post.

Love & Hugs(((((carolin)))))

12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You are of course both right here. Although everything IS cyclical, we are in fact entrusted to be stewards of this earth and we are doing a lousy job of it this past 200 years.

We are paying the price now.

Just slight shifts in temperature can wipe out food supplies for many species, which will, in turn die. When we say to everything turn turn, there is a season, turn turn, we are creating a quantum leap when we interfere in that natural cycle by being polluters and greedy.

When we lived in NJ on the Delaware, fishermen took far too many horseshoe crabs for bait. These are huge crabs that look like german helmets, with little meat, they are some of the oldest ctreatures on the planet.

They lay eggs on the shoreline that are the only food for Redknots, which are now dying out due to greed. It will take 10 years to rebuild the stocks.

Our oceans are depleted of safe fish due to overfishing, and the use of chemicals that run off into rivers and streams and the ocean are full of PCB's.

We need to absorb Vitamin D from sunlight and yet we are having to cover our children and seeing more and more skin cancer because of the ozone layer.

It is true that nature also wreaks havoc with climate and that it has gone up and down but this is the first time it has been man made.

Plus I am feeling madder than mad today as I am having to use asthma meds due to all the chem lawn use around here. Then it poured down and all that is now in the streams, killing the fish, ducks and frogs. Then probably us.

Tis a gift to be simple really is my motto.

Love Anne Cromwell
  13. jake123

jake123 New Member

I don't think there is much we could do to control it. The earth has gone through periods of warmth and periods of glaciation without humans on the earth.

It amuses me to hear knowledgable scientists talk on and on about this. I have two words "natural selection". Our genus and species will either make it or not. We don't have to worry about our generation.
  14. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Yes it is of interest to me Carolin. Bless you Honora from Ireland you are such an inspiration.
    I have just started reading James Lovelock
    "The Revenge of Gaia." he's probably right but who is listening.
    Human Convenience and Enhancement Rules..
    Can we change much .i am not sure.Only can change ourselves methinks and get off the power bandwagon.

I will invent a fantasy where i recycle like my compost.. I will return to a petrochemical free world which resonates with my chemistry and where the inhabitants don't need to exploit and control their environment..

I see people who use and exploit the earth and its peoples..They can be so healthy..Anybody got any answers.???
  15. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

With warmer winters, insect-borne diseases are more able to proliferate.
  16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Heck, no. I have all I can do to figure out how I'm going to get food in the house. That is not to say I don't try to do my part with recycling and other ways of treating our world kindly but worry, no.

The media and marketing companies have figured out that fear sells. I tend my own patch of earth and treat nature and other beings kindly but I refuse to worry.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]