OT: Don Knotts passed away

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lindy2, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I just learned that Don Knotts (Barney) passed away on February 24, 2006 at the age of 81.

I was a big fan of Barney Fife and The Andy Griffith show and him on Three's Company as Ralph Furley.

He still gives me alot of laughs today on TVLand.

Lindy
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I feel the same way. I have watched so many Andy Griffith reruns over the years, and still love the show.

That goes to show that you don't have to say dirty things to make people laugh.

Kinsie
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My dad died at age 81 this last December. Seems like that generation is passing quickly. It is very sad. I so loved my dad and Don Knotts was such a great actor. Loved him. And who of our generation can forget Chester?

Sigh...

Life is short.

Sue
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

and Danny DeVito credit. To look at them you wouldn't think they could get a job as an extra. Yet they both became very successful.
  5. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

"Barney" will definitely be missed. He made the Mayberry show SO funny! I just absolutely love the guy! I watch the show every day on our local station here. It comes on at 5:30 every week day. This week they're doing a special tribute to him. There's definitely never be another one like him. God bless him and may he rest in peace.