OT: Dry Cracked Heels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Mar 19, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

My heels have become so bad. Does anyone have a great fix for this problem?

K.
  2. meowee

meowee New Member

Hi kch,
    Mine were so cracked and sore that they bled. Now, after using this twice daily for ONE week, they are completely smooth and healed. Its wonderful. You get a large tube at Walmart for under 8 dollars. FLEXITOL HEEL BALM here is a picture..

http://www.drugman.com/images/flexitol.jpg
  3. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Hi K, I have the same problem and I have used all kind of lotions but the best is Aquaphor healing ointment from Eucerin...at least for me...just a suggestion. At night before bed I soak my feet and use a stone to get off the dead skin and put the lotion on then a pair of socks and leave them on all night. I had to do this a few times before they started looking real good and now I do it once a month. Hope this helps. Oh, I forgot I found it in the baby care stuff.

Lillyrose
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Put a thick layer of Cetaphil cream (the cream in the jar--NOT the lotion in the pump bottle) on my feet and cover with socks.

Do this morning and night and you will be able to tell a world of difference in about 3 days!

I just love the Cetaphil cream. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist.

Love,
    Janet
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

I've got cetaphil here at home, so I'll try it. and if it doesn't work, I'll try the other two (grin).

thanks for your replies.
  6. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

Is there a time of day that you sit and watch TV, use computer, etc...? If so, where the socks while awake but not on your feet. If you are anything like me, you will find PLENTY of time that you are off your feet LOL.

Lena
  7. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

This may sound stupid but I wasnt drying my feet well enough and got the "cracked heel syndrome" (LOL!)

Many people like us cant bend over all the time without the pain killing us....so we dont dry our feets thats well!

Well I thought I had some feet problems and the Dr took some tests, yes I do (and maybe you to!) have this mold that breds from not drying your feet well!

Isnt that crazy!

So what I do is scrub with loofa in the shower and when they are dried after a few hours I than use a metal foot sander, it looks like a cheese grater- they sell them in the store.

You need to do more than put lotion on them.

good luck
    jgavi
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

I always dried my feet, but run around barefoot a lot.

I have the heel files, so I'll start filing and lotioning.

thanks.
    K.
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

K:
    I have been using Vaseline Extreme Healing Lotion. It is in a white bottle and is fragrance free. I put it on and then put on a pair of socks. I take it off at night and the problem is gone (in a few days when you start)

N.F.
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I was a manicurist for 9 yrs. and used to do lots of pedicures. Try this. This dosen't smell pleasant but it really works. Get you some warm water enough to cover your feet, in some kind of tub or basin. Next, put 1 cup of distilled vinegar into the water and then soak your feet for about 20-30 min. Do this 2-3 times a week and see if it don't help. I had a lot of my clients do this and you would not believe the difference in their heels. Hope you find this helpful. You may have to do it for several weeks, but it's worth it if it helps.

Kriket

11. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks for all the info from everyone. Maybe it will help others too.
    K.