OT: dumb fibrofog LOL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Sep 28, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I looked at some posts on the Lyme board, and found post with a question I wondered about myself, so I go there, excited about what I will find. Amazing thing- it was my own post from a couple of weeks ago!!

Gosh and good heavens,,,should I blame my fibro fog???

Guys, please don't tell on me,,,,LOL!
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I yelled at my little one for eating up all the cheeze in one day(she LOVES cheeze!) and went about with my day after that.

The next day I found the cheeze- in the FREEZER (put there by who? YOU GUESSED IT- me!

BAAAAD mommy!!! LOL!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2006]
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Boy, don't we all do things like that all the time. It's
    just good we can laugh about it! Just got off the phone
    awhile ago with an "Old" Squeeze and had to tell her,
    "no I don't remember the bubble baths"! Hah! How could
    that be??

The freezer won't hurt the cheese a bit.

Hope all is well and your project is on the road!
    MRDAD

4. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

For sometime now I have been under a great deal of stress.

The FM pain,RA, 3 disc that could go any time and my children going through their own storms that I can't protect them from.

I was helping my son clean his house[since his wife departed with a man old enough to be her father], and he later found the potato chips in the freezer. Thats funny, but the next isn't.

Sunday morn I got in my car to leave for church and looked down at the floorboard and for an eternity of 5-7- seconds I could not figure out what the gas pedal was.

I have spent more time weeping in the last few weeks than I have in 10 yrs.

My sister called me monday morning and said, pack your bags you are leaving town today for some rest and a bit of vacation.

I arrived back home today and am trying my best to leave my worries with God and try my best not to interfere with his business.

I haven't broke down and bawled today. I don't think I've hid things in strange places. I think the trip to the mountains of Virginia was a healing one. Wish it could have been longer.

Wren

5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I've done the same, trying to figure which pedal is which,,,I've discovered that it helps to stop thinking and "let the foot remember".

Mrdad, I'm digging thru papers and will see my doc on monday. I looked for documentation (scientific) online about PTSD accually progressing into CFS and found some pretty convincing stuff. I will show my doc, and then let him deside how to proceed with the rheumy's "diagnosis".

I'll tell him what I think and I'll ask him if he want to assist me or not. I will tell him I am unable to hold down a job at the time being and will apply for SSDI> I will tell him if he have no other option I will apply according to the rheumy's diagnosis- and have the rheumy "answer the sticky questions" when the time comes.

Either direction I take, I can't loose. If bad comes to worse, I will show any judge the scientific docs I mentioned.

I'm at it! I am currently "testing my abilities" by delivering the newspaper a couple of blocks where I live. Only an hour a day, and only 2 days counting- I am beat. I'll keep at it. This will be my own "evidence" that I can't even do the simplest thing.

This thread is supposed to be funny! I'll better stop yapping!

Huggaroo!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2006]
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

As I've been following your case with you for the past
    several mos., I do believe that you have the necessary
    evidence and documentation to qualify in my opinion! You
    have allthe necesary "Residual" effects of your illnesses
    to substantiate a claim. Glad you are going 4 it!
    Spent 13 years in News Paper Circulation work and still
    have the printer.s ink on the Palm of my hands to prove
    it! Hope i's not a 7 day a week thing. But glad you
    are giving it an experimental "go".

"Talk" tomorrrow,
    MRDAD
    P.S. Did ya see the new "Porch Light" Thread?
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Checked in to change a sentence I made previously and saw your reply! :) I looked for the porchlight thingie, but didn't find it.

oh, it's a 6 day thingie, and I have to be done before 7AM on Sunday-heeeeeellllppppp! That one really got to me, but hey,, I can go back to bed afterwards,,,;)
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's about half-way down the page now. " OT the Porch-
    light is on"--- 1 sweetie put it up for us.

MRDAD
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me. I put the milk in the cupboard last month.

Just stroll down the street. You'll see the porch light.
  10. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi everyone, my problem is I will be talking to someone and poof I can't remember what I was talking about, I feel so dumb and silly, so I tell some of my friends about the fribro fog than when it happens we change subjects. Others just don't understand or they say it's just old age, I try to explain it to them but they don't get it so I stopped trying. Sometimes it's good to have it, I can sometimes say to certain people "oops I forgot, it must be the fribro fog"!!!

I know it's not funny, but sometimes it can be a good thing.

Monamea
  11. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

What is this about PTSD becoming CFS? I was diagnosed with PTSD in October 2001. (Interesting timing, don't ya think?) Now I have CFS, FM, MPS, etc.

Please direct me to your posts regarding this.

Thanks!

God Bless.
  12. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Ha, my mum and I had an interesting conversation today.
    A few weeks ago I asked her if I had gotten the fibro from her (which is most likely) why didn't she have the brain fog?

Well, today was proof!

She was talking about kettle corn popcorn and talking about which brand she liked best.
    "Bob Evans."
    "...Bob evans?"
    "NO! Uncle Bob's"
    "Mum...Uncle Bob's?"
    "No no (laughing by this point) Umm...Uncle Willie's!"
    "Cousin Willie's?"
    "YES!"
    By that point we were both dead from laughing. So at least now I don't feel so bad ;)