OT Elsa and anyone else My horse is back in business!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Finally after 7 weeks Nightingale was reultrasounded today. She had a slight bowed tendon. The vet said he could not even tell she has had an injury. There is no discernable scar tissue and she looks very sound.

So tomorrow we can start workign her again. Taking it slow and seeing how it goes. Hopefully by my birthday April 18 she will be cantering jumping crossrails and getting turned out!

I am so relieved I knew she would get better but its nice to see it on an ultrasound in black and white! Now am I brave enough to get on a horse who has been cooped up for 7 weeks! I think I'll let the trainer take her out first.

Thanks to everyone who gave me support and suggestions! Lynn
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

That is wonderful! I just love horses! I wish I were able to ride mine right now. Besides it is so wet and muddy right now, yuck!

Have fun with your horse!
    Kellyann
  3. 2bbtr

2bbtr Guest

I just logged on for the first time & noticed your message about your horse. I hope she continues to do well.

Do you have CFS or Fibromyalgia? I have Fibromyalgia....and horses. I am in the last few weeks of waiting for a mare to foal. She hasn't been acting quite right the last couple of days. The horses keep me active when I'd like to just crawl in a hole. If it weren't for needing to get out to feed, I'm not sure I'd get out much a lot of the time. Anyway, hope you are able to enjoy your horse very soon.

Take care,
    NP
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Well when we trtted her today she limped. I was so disapponted. We called the vet and he said there was no reason for her to limp at all. When he trotted her yesterday she was fine and her pictures looked great.

He suggested we have the farrier look at her in the off chance she had an absess so.... Luckily he was coming out this afternoon. he said her feet were very unbalanced and that could be causing the problem so he trimmed her and we trotted her down the ailse and she looked fine so.... we are gonna get on her again tomorrow and try again to see how she does.

We have a mare at our barn who was due last week. I come in every morning hoping to see a sweet baby. I have heard the gestation period is a little longer for a colt . Not sure if that is an old wives tale or not.

I know what you mean about your horses. Mine sweet girl is such good therapy. She is ten times better than a psychologist! I loove taking care of her cleaning her stall, just hanging out with her. The positive side to this is we have really bonded while she has been lame.

I would love to hear all about your horses how many what kind everything! Nightingale is a small girl just 14'3 Arab QH Cross. She has a real Arab look with the dishy face and curved neck and Arab tail. She has very wide whithers and that solid QH build. She knows a lot more than I do and is a dream to ride. She was trained as a fancy show pony but grew just a little to big. Perfect for me. She is 5 and is dark bay going grey. she looks black until you get her in the sun. She has a white blaze and one white sock and hoof. She is a sweet little jumper with a soft mouth and alot go when you ask her. Alpha mare but not mean very sweet and curious. Can you tell I'm over the moon for her?

I have FM but have been successfully treating it and have gotten much better!

So happy to hear from other horse lovers! lynn
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

Lynn ... This is great news! And Quick Too !! I am so happy for you. Glad she is a quick healer!

Uh, ... let your professional earn her money. I love saying that now that I am an amateur owner and not the "professional" that gets to get on the newly recuperated 7 week lay up horse!

Seriously though ... That's what she does ... Let her do the legging up and you focus on getting yourself legged up. That way, by your birthday, the two of you will be back at it ... just like the injury never happened.

Remember ... Just in case ... Drugs are great things!

Take care,

Elsa
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

Unbalanced can be the culprit of many things. If horses are too low in the heal with toes too long forward many injuries can occur ... namely tendon and ligament pulls and tears.

I'm glad you farrier came out so quickly .... I'd keep an eye on her feet and how she grows out. Watch that her heals don't get too low.

Now ... go have fun! I'll be thinking about the two of you having at it!

E.
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi, just posted today asking about your horse!!

Do a search for your name.

I hope she continues to improve, what is she?
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Well the trimming and balancing of her hooves did the trick. She trotted today just fine. We aced her and then I walked her in circles for the first few minutes then bigger circles to keep her focused. We walked about 30 minutes.

I was dying to trot but the trainer was involved in an intense lesson. Finally I couldn't stand it so I said "Can we get to the moment of truth now?" And we did. She trotted like a dream no problem. We walked the curves and trotted the straights for about 7 minutes and walked a little more and that was that.

I was very happy to see her ready to get to work and I am really glad I got on her and did it myself. She was just fine. Every one in the barn came out and watched.

We are gonna try her with out the Ace tomorrow and see how she does. We will of course Ace her if needed. She is still on the reserpine and that has helped alot! I am not gonna get on if I feel like I can't handle it.

I am feeling so much better. This has been really hard! My girl is gonna have to calm it down when she plays in the pasture! I sure don't want to go through this again!

Take Care every one and tell me about your horses past and present I would love to hear abou them! I am worse than a 12 year old! Lynn
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

We are having a schooling show tomorrow but we still got out and trotted today. she did fine with the help of Ace. I tried walked her in the arena with no drugs first and she was extremely agitated and reared twice so she got the drugs! It was pooring down rain and windy and the Arena was filled with people jumping and practicing for the show.

I am thinking ahead to the day we will be sailing over jumps again! I am so thankful my girl is doing so well!

lynn