OT. Er du norsk? Anyone here from Norway?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HagerTX, Apr 4, 2006.

1. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

I'm not Norwegian but I took 2 Norwegian classes in 2003/2004. Jeg snakker litt norsk..
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But visit Sequim Washington, full of Norwegians. I am tall and blonde and was always being taken for one of their own!!!

Love Anne C
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Which means "I am not so stupid as I look."

Really need a different keyboard as the Norwegian alphabet has 3 more vowels than we do.

Have you been to any Sons of Norway meetings? They have festivals, play music from Norge, eat traditional foods, etc. If you can't find a local chapter, the headquarters is in Minneapolis. Here in California at the S. of N. we refer to Minnesota as "the old country". Everybody is from Minnesota, Iowa, the Dakotas, etc. Or at last has relatives there.

Ha det bra
    Rockne
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Norwegian is closely related to swedish. i am immigrated from there, and I understand everything Norwegians say and write. Since Norwegian is not your native, you wouldn't understand all Swedish words, but I could easily "Norwegianize" my Swedish to adapt!! Fun and interesting that
    you have learned this language, it is fun, isn't it?! Norwegian have a beautiful melody to it, I love the sound!

What prompted you to learn?

Lykke till!