OT Eye infection but Eye Dr said it is a skin issue anyone else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI all- I am only back for today, I am at work using her computer.

I went to the eye Dr to get new glasses and I have an infection but it is caused by a skin condition that causes oil to seep from the eyelashes and produces an oily film in the eye.

I forgot the name and called back today but he was out. It causes my vision to blurring and then I blink and it's back.

I probably will not be back on line until Tue or so. I miss my computer and my board. Can someone keep this bumped for me over the weekend.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying this goegeous weather we are having- Thanks Carla
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

3. and they sound so similar...

One eye doctor here, tells people to just use Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo (tearless) to wash the eyelids, each day in the shower, or twice or so, a day. It seems effective...the time I got Pink Eye(s) (OOUCH!!) I was in the military, & could not even hold my eyes open at all! and they teared constantly, it hit hard & quick, so I had to get medical treatment with ointment, etc & warm compress immediately. Couldn't go buy shampoo, lay around with the compress etc... I had to fix it QUICK....

But, the baby shampoo, no more tears I've heard many times, works...

Laura
  4. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Bumping for Carla
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Yes it is blepartitis. It is very common and he gave me abx called Vigamox. I haven't had it filled yet.

It is a skin condition not an eye condition. I asked him about my scalp psororsis and they are probably related.

The human body is so strange. Thank you all for bumping and the info. I got my computer back but they didn't ship my power cord so I am on battery power for now.

Hope everyone is having a good week-Carla