OT: False Alarm #2

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Jan 29, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

Okay I am thoroughly embarrassed and frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like a stupid pregnant woman!

On the way to the hospital (45 minutes away) last night I told my husband that I thought my contractions were starting to ease up but he said that we should go ahead and go just to make sure.

Well by the time we got there, checked in, in a room, and all set up to the monitors they had pretty much stopped.

I feel so stupid!!!!!!!!! The nurse says it happens ALL the time but still I just feel dumb!

I am dialated a little over 2cm and am having contractions, even as we speak, but they are not regular like they were last night.

It just is frustrating because how will I know when it IS real!!!???!!!

The nurse and orders from the doctor were that I need to drink more water and NOT doing ANYTHING! They think what did it to me yesterday was all the cleaning I was doing.

Yes, I know STOP cleaning! I couldn't help it. I was cleaning all of our windows yesterday and sure enough all that work plus being a little dehydrated did me in last night.

Well no one has to worry about me doing ANYTHING today!!!

I feel like a Mac Truck has run me over!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, you guys can keep on guessing because Landon hasn't made his grand entrance yet!

Thanks for all your prayers and support lately!!! We really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

kate
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

It does happen all the time!
    When I worked in L & D we sent many disapointed mommy's to be, home to wait!
    Landon will soon make his grand appearance, hang on!
    Hugz, Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2006]
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Storm, livin and KacJac,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I do feel silly but thank you for your words of encouragement! I APPRECIATE THEM VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

It is funny though because I really was disappointed to be sent home. I AM JUST SOOOO READY!!!!!!!!!! LOL

LOVE AND HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kate
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

Kate, please don't feel dumb or stupid! I know it must be disappointing not to have little Landon in your arms yet, but when he comes it will be just the right time and because he is ready to make his entrance! I hope for everyone's sake it comes soon, but just think how much excitement you are giving this board! :)
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

Don't feel silly hun, I had it happen right up to baby no.4 ;) EVERY time ;)
    It's your body's way of getting ready, just a bit of a trial run before the real thing. With one of mine it also happened twice ;)
    It sounds to me like you'll deffinately go very soon ;)
    Take it easy, rest & enjoy these last few moments with baby inside ;)

Lisa
  6. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

always follow your instincts.. I would rather get there and feel silly than not get there 'cause I was afraid I would be embarrassed.

With my DD I thought my water had broken and we went to the hospital... turns out I had just wet my pants. :)

When she did arrive I had very mild contractions all day that never became regular. When we got to the hospital I was 3cm and ready to go. If I had waited until they were "regular" or "strong" (I'm very lucky with that) she would have been born at home.

With my 2nd my water broke, so that gives you more of a clue. :)

Good luck.. and please don't take any chances.

7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Don't feel silly. You have to be very close. Nesting (super cleaning) is just before birthing. Sleep now. Trust me you won't sleep through hard labor :)
    I wish you a great birthing. And a very healthy newborn.
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I felt like I had a Mack Truck IN ME by the time I was ready to go to the hospital with my first one .... and she was ... 10 lb. 9 oz. and 24" long .... and the nurses wanted to name her Bessie instead of Mack! (But we named her Mary!)

When you go to bed one night and you are the most comfy that you have EVER been during your pregnancy, is when "THE TIME" will hit!!

Before I left for the hospital the first time, I had to go through my house and clean-up, pick-up, etc. I knew my MIL would be in it before I came home and I didn't want her to see my house messed up!

I'm praying for an easy delivery when the time gets here!

Love,
    Janet
  9. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

Sounds like a little game of "hide 'n seek" with Mommy!
    Guess we'll have to start a new poll, huh? Hang in there, Kate--your present is definitely coming!

Take care and rest like the doc said,OK?
    Sue

P.S. I had kids the easy way--adoption!! But, would have loved to go through a pregnancy just once.