OT: FAVORITE HORROR FILMS FOR FUN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Oct 28, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

If horror films upset you or you just do not care for them this is not the thread for you -- Please exit :)

This is just for fun and not to upset anyone.

Just for anyone who likes horror films -- as much as I do :)

My favorite holiday -- HALOWEEN -- is almost here and it is my anniversary as well!!!

It will be 23 years with the same wonderful man and we are not married :)

I thought it would be fun -- for those of us who are fans of horror films -- to post our top 13 (hehehe) favorite movies.

Here are mine in no certain order because that would just be too hard -- this was hard enough I have so many:

1. The Legend of Hell House (1973)
    2. The Birds (1963)
    3. Rosemary's Baby (1968)
    4. Carrie (1976)
    5. Exorcist (1973)
    6. The Omen (1976)
    7. The Raven (1963)
    8. Psycho (1960)
    9. The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)
    10. Halloween (1978)
    11. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    12. The Creature From the Black Lagoon (1954)
    13. Friday the 13th (1980)

BOO!!!!!

Have a happy and safe Halloween,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  2. quilp

quilp New Member

Texas chainsaw massacre !!!
    Jaws ....
    Anymore and i'll be having yet another sleepless night !
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thanks for you response I like those too.

Sleep well -- I did put a warning at the beginning of the thread...LOL

Take care,

4. knickelson23

knickelson23 New Member

The Exorcist, Witchboard, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jeepers Creepers 1&2, Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie, Hellraiser, The Ring, Prom Night, Gremlins, A Ghoststory, and of course...Halloween. Have a frightful evening!!! Karen N.
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Fun post, Karen.

And great list.

These are some of my favorites:

Les Diaboliques
    Bride of Frankenstein
    The Wicker Man (1973 version)
    The Innocents (1961)

6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Karen:

I can only think of the bloodiest, most crazy movie i have seen:

Reanimator (first one: not part two).

I am not sure if I can ever see it again.

nyrofan
  7. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

I like to OLD horror movies, not too many of the new ones.

The Birds
    Night of The Living Dead
    Christine
    Nightmare on Elm Street

8. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi Karen N. -- Oh Ghoststory I forgot about that I like it too. Oh gosh Hellraiser -- don't you just love Pinhead? "I can take you places you never dreamed of" I think that is what he says it has been a while since I have watched it...LOL

Hi Ken -- Thanks you have a pretty good list yourself -- Bride of Frankenstein good one. I will be honest I have seen the other three but have heard about them and have wanted to see them. I hear The Innocents is really good.

Hi nyrofan -- Sounds fun -- you know I have never seen that one. I will have to rectify that.

Hi Jill -- Thank you so much for the Anniversary wishes I really appreciate it. Are you speaking of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds? It's on my list #2 I was wild for it when I was a kid and still watch it at least once a year usually around Halloween.

Oh I don't think I have named all of the good one by a long shot there are so many...

I usually have a horror film festival for myself -- my LIL (Live In Love) hates horror but he puts up with it and usually watches some of them with me is that sweet or what?

AMC is having a Horror Film Festival of sorts this weekend :)

BOO to all,

9. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I'm scared of birds now, because of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

No matter how many times "Carrie" comes on TBS or USA or any basic cable channel, I try to watch at least a few minutes of it.

I don't think anyone mentioned another one of Stephen King's classics, "Cujo". Oh, and what about "The Shining"? The original "Amityville Horror".

Oh, and the 2003 remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre".
  10. suz45

suz45 New Member

As a kid I was never allowed to watch monster/horror shows so I have always as an adult gotten such a kick out of the oldies from the 50's and 60's. My favorites include:

1.The creature the black lagoon.

2.Nosfertu the original German classoc vampire movie

3.The war of the worlds.

4.Salems Lot

5.The day the world stood still

6.A wewrewolf in London

I think my dad was more afraid them us, I watched a bunch of them today.. Almost like creatur double feature.

Happy Halloween

Suz45
  11. huska

huska New Member

I'M NOT A FAN OF HORROR MOVIES BUT THE BEST ONE FOR ME IS "THE BIRDS" ."HALLOWEEN" I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK OF THAT MOVIE. I COULDN'T SLEEP FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK !!!!
    "THE RAVEN " AND "PICTURE OF DORIAN GREY " I LIKED THOSE TO TOO.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FOR THOSE WHO CELEBRATE IT. HERE IN PORTUGAL WE DON'T.

OLGA
  12. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'm a Stephen King nut. His books are much scarier than the movies, though. I get to use my imagination.........and boy that can be pretty scary sometimes.

Not my favorite, but for some reason it scares the crap out of me The Ring (the 1st one). I watched Ring Two and it just didn't do it.

Have not brought myself to watch the Grudge yet.(lol)

DH hates horror and practically has a cow if I want him to watch one with me, so most of the time, I have to watch them alone, unless my son or daughter is here. I guess since they were forbidden (by Dad) to watch them when they were teenagers at our house, they are horror film junkies, now that they're grown.
  13. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Like Wax Museum (Vincent Price); Forbidden Planet; Psycho: Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc.

Remember, in my profile, it states that I love to watch TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and I love it when they have Sci-Fi or Horror movies on as well.

I got exposed to horror movies at an early age (age 3 and 4) from aunts who were teens at the time, in the '70s. Back then, you didn't have to be grown to get in rated-R movies. I actually went to see "The Exorcist" when it came out, with my aunts.

Does anybody remember the Blaxploitation horror film, "Abby"? It was like a sort of Black version of "Carrie". I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
  14. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

there are way to many to name. Just about any that scare the pants off of you. but then on the other hand the real cheesey ones that make you laugh hysterically. Being that i love halloween and my bday is the day before,we are always buying new movies and the best time to get them is now when they are all on sale.

As a fatter of mact i just bought a cheesy one today called the american vampire. it was in the $1.00 bin. gonna watch it later after my bday/halloween party.

Angellwolffe
  15. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi Saddlebred -- I haven't seen Christine in a long time not a bad movie :)

Hi SweetT -- Love Amityville and The Shinning -- who doesn't love Jack...LOL

Hey Suz45 -- Nosfertu now there is a unique film a classic did someone else mention that one I meant to say something about it -- oh well thanks for bringing it up -- was it Ken?

huska -- Well sorry you are not a fan -- that is why I started the thread the way I did...LOL Thanks for posting anyway :)

seeseaisme -- I think the Ring is one of the better new horror films too.

Jill -- I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time and just kidding. It is no big deal and I hope you are not upset with me :)

Anellwolffe -- Lucky you have a very Ghouly Birth Day and a Bewitching Birthday Party!!!

Hi Linda -- I like you moving list I like both the original Haunting and the newer one don't you? I have always been crazy for Halloween too. I hope you have a blast with you pumpkins :)

Well I am off to watch some movies.

I vish you all Ghoul Night and sleep well baahaahaa :)

Darn it -- if I didn't feel so bad I would be dressed up and at very fun Halloween Party tonight -- this is the first on I have missed in years...bummer

(I was going to be a Disco Queen -- had a crown, sash, and everything...)

BOO!!

Karen :0

16. Callum

Callum New Member

but also, "Phantasm" - it's not a great movie, but the end scared the pee out of me.

Just hearing the theme music for Halloween scares me...

Also, the 1976 version of "A Star Is Born" - although not a Halloween movie, Streisand in a perm is scary.

Callum
  17. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

one of my favs is "The Ring"-- SSSCCCAAAAARRRYYY!!!

Just tonight saw The Omen (2006 remake) it was only OK

here's another scary good one- the exorcism of emily rose (or something like that)
  18. homesheba

homesheba New Member

this one is sooo old that
    i know no one will remember it
    but it was' the killer shrews!""
    i am still scared from it and its not even on anymore... and i am 52!!
    yikes!!!
    that is scary!! hee hee
  19. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

No contest...My all time fave. was and will always be the original...The Blob.

A couple years ago I found the original movie on DVD and bought it

My second fav...The Birds.. of course has to be the first one made from Hitchcock and yes I found that one too on DVD. MY library grows.

marian
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  20. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I love spooky haunted house / ghost stories. A couple of my favorites have been mentioned :)

* The Haunting - 1963 From the terrific novel The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. Filmed in a spooky haunted house in England, not a set.

* The Innocents - 1961 From the Henry James novel Turn of the Screw. Truman Capote wrote the excellent screenplay.

* The Changeling - 1980 George C. Scott rents a very spooky haunted house haunted by a troubled ghost child.

* The Sixth Sense - 1999

* The Shining - 1980

* The Others - 2001

* The Ring - 2002

* The Grudge - 2004

The Japanese horror movie originals from which the last two were made are extremely scary too - Ringu, and Ju-On: The Grudge.