OT finally got some help.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 20, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

well we finally went to our P.c.p today for my hubbys health problems, and he was so nice and felt bad about how the medical system has kicked us around for the last 5 weeks;
    he said time for a second opinion, and ordered another echo for my hubby and set up a app. with another cardio Dr.
    since the 2 cardio Drs in the other city could"t agree on the outcome of the echo and left us hanging for weeks.
    So if a doctor thinks its time for a second opinion then I guess we should"t feel bad when we want one.
    We also told him we had done some research on our own and had Dr Sinatra. book on heart solution .He was very nice and understood how we felt. So I really respect him for this,He didn"t think that we where trying to play Doctor.
    he said he understands, when your told only 35% of your heart is working, that you have a right to answers, and to educate your self about it. I"M thanking God, for a good Doctor for a change. he looks at us as real humans not just case.s for a file. Sixtyslady
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it stinks we have to battle w/our insurance companies...

i had to once..told i had cancer of the lymph glands....five months later i finally got the dr who told me...

you have spherocytosis and it is not life threatening...but you need your spleen and gall bladder,,

jodie
  3. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your hubby and hhis heart problems. My daughter (age 27) had our first Grand daughter on Jan 18th of this year and 34 days after giving birth, our daughter was rushed back into the hospital with cardiac myopathy caused by pregnancy. It's very rare and only happens to 1 in 2,000. She was in ICU for 5 days on a respirator. Her heart efficiancy went down to 15%. She's been now taking 5 different heart medicens.

She had a echocardiogram 2 months ago and there has been little change in her heart from January. She gets very weak and tired very fast and it's hard for her to keep up with her little daughter whose now 5 months old. This Friday she is schedualed for another echocardiogram and it's mentioned if there is still no improvement they may put in a pace maker and difibutor.

I was very interested in the Doctor you mentione---Dr. Sintra and will be looking at his site today. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hope yo are able to find good results for your husband. I am sitting on pins and needles till I find out what the echo will tell us on Friday. I've been helping my daughter and Grand daughter as much as I can. Her Doctor has talked about getting her a home health care aide to help her too.

I'll let you all know how she makes out after Friday.

Sandy
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m so glad you replyed and I"m very sorry about your daughter,we also have a daughter thats had heart issues, but it was from a birth deffect and she went through surgery, but still has to be careful.
    Sandy,I can"t list the web site. but the book is The Sinatra solution, I think this would be a good resource for you and your daughter, I ordered mine online and had it in 3days, I have started my hubby on the supplements in the book and he,s already feeling stronger,of course we"ll find out if there is any inprovement when he has his echo.
    God bless you and your daughter, Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Sixtyslady
  5. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi,

I did find the web site by using his name. I'm going to try and order the book on-line today. I'm so glad your husband is feeling stronger now. Maybe my daughter will too if she uses some of the supplements.

Does your husband have another appointment for an echo or with the cardiologist? What else have they suggested?

I'm sorry to hear your daughter has heart problems too.

Take care,

Sandy
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Dear Sixtyslady, I'm so glad you found a doctor who respects you. Aren't you amazed that we put up with anything else??

Best of everything in regard to hubby and to you,
    Marta
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

this board is amazing you guys have been so supportive.
    we thank you all for all the prayers and replys.
    my hubby is going to have another echo the 28th, I ask the Dr if he had the echo from the other Drs, he said he didn"t have the films,just the written report,and he didn"t want to inform this echo tech,doesn't want this report influenced from the first one.
    Sandy,on page 181 of the book it tells a management plan for each type heart condition. thats why its important to know the cause of the cardiomyopathy.
    and thats why we're trying so hard to find out what the cause is for my hubby,s,.

We ask our Dr about these supplements and he said that it was fine to take these. they will not interact with meds.but our Dr is a d.o. so hes alittle more open to this sort of thing, he didn"t say that it would help. because one local Dr, was giving advice on natural remedies and he was removed from that hospital.
    So even if your Dr doesn't know much about this, I think reading the book will really help you and your daughter.
    We have had to use unconventional remedies before when our other daughter had cancer, the Drs would"t say it would help but said if we thought it would to go ahead and use it.Our daughter will be at the 5yr point this Aug.
    Please tell your daughter we are praying for her. and let us know how it goes. Hugs sixtyslady