OT: ? for xchocoholic about caring for biopsied areas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Jul 25, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I hope you don't mind my asking you, it seemed you have become an expert in this.;)

My doc said to use hydrogen p. and vasaline. I thought neosporine would be better.She said to wipe off the dried blood, I keep wiping and it hurt's1 It still look's like there is dried blood, maybe it's just the tissue. I have such a bad neck, it is hard to see!

I was a bit surprised thses are quite big holes, i was thinking of using vit E or mederma after they scab a bit to reduce scarring.I was surprised about usinf vasaline over neosporine. What do you use?

One is pretty big on my chest/breast area. it hurt's the most.

Also when it comes to showering is it better towas area with fragrance free soap or just water over those areas. I know that sound's dumb, but I never had this before and want them to heal right. I have enough pain without more irritation.:)

Thanks for the help,
    Claudia

[This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

for xchocoholic, hope you come on today.:) Post's move so fast.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Thanks I will take your advice. She said neosporin causes itching and problem's for some so they suggest vasaline. Sounded weird to me.

Yes trying to wipe of all the blood with hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip no less, hurt like you know what!

There tape made me itch and break out but I have cloth bandages that are o.k., I'll use those.

Thanks again for the info.

best wishes,

Claudia
  4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hey .. just in case, I thought I should add that ---

I'm not sure what the doc meant by people itching from neosporin, but I'm allergic to neosporin so I have to get a prescription of bactroban.

I didn't mention it before because I really didn't think it was that common.

My skin turns pink and itchy and I get tiny little red bumps. Puts a real damper on healing.

I also run around in a swimsuit top / shorts, etc. while I am healing because shirts or anything rubbing on it is painful.

Fun, huh ?? marcia
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Oh no that's all I need!

I don't think I'm allergic to it, I use it on small cut's, but not puncture type wound's. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I have fragrance free soap, but it's not anti-bacterial, but hopefully it will be o.k..

Thanks for the info, if I turn red and itchy, I'll call the derm.

I appreciate all your help.

Best wishes,

Claudia