OT, Found Interesting American Idol Article

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kgangel, Jun 1, 2006.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Today while reading the paper I noticed an article in the paper about the new release of the Season 5 Encore CD.

The Article Read like this:

For a glorified karaoke album, this isn't bad.

Thanks at least in part to the studio technology, nearly all 12 "idol" finalists sound competent on these full-length versions of songs they performed.

A few are pretty impressive: Paris Bennet on "Midnight Train to Georgia" Mandisa on "I'm Every Women" Chris Daughtery on "Wanted Dead or Alive"

The least appealing song comes from winner Taylor Hicks, with a drab Michael McDonald impression on "Takin it to the Streets"

Best by a long shot: Katharine McPhee, whose version of Aretha Franklin's "Think": avoids slavish imiation and show off grit.

Gannett News Service

Just wanted to put it out there

hugs,
    kgangel

2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

and a sore loser.

Jeanne
  3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I think this sounds TOTALLY accurate, thanks for posting !!

Laura
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi all, thanks for the responses.

I too thought Taylor was a wonderful person and fun to watch, I just did not think he would make it far because he is more fun to watch then to listen to.

I don't think the person that wrote it is a sore loser, I think anyone that believes some contest should have gone the other way is not a poor loser sometimes they are but not always, after all Taylor could have lost too.

Also, I noticed your name is jeanne in canada. Are you going to watch Canadian Idol also? We watched it last year and loved it, I liked the girl that won, but also liked the Rocker, Suzy.

How did you get American Idol in Canada, just wondered because we live close enough to Canada to see Canadian Idol, but Canadian channels are not in our Satelite, we just get them with out Satelite.

Thanks to all

hugs,
    kgangel
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I know my son will want it for sure~ Hes 10 and in love with,..or should I say got the Mcfever :)
    I wanted Chris to win~ and he is MY winner :)
  6. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

If you go to www.americanidol.com you can listen to each song as many times as you want. Make your own decision. I listened to Chris and Taylors songs all the way thru and the beginning of Ace's song.

You know how the saying goes if you cant sing, write about how badly others do.

Plus if you go by all the critics Dirty Dancing was awful, and they told us some horrible movie was the movie of the year.

Listen for yourself and decide.
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

mykas_mommy thanks for your imput and for the web site.

I agree with you, to each his or her own. Not everyone can think that someone has a great voice we are all different

Hugs
    kgangel
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The review from Amazon on the AI CD was quite interesting also. They said by listening to the album was quite different than the show. Many of the other performers other than Taylor got much better reviews for their song.

He may be a hard sell but who knows. I think Chris should have won. The public is hard to predicate and everyone certainly has an opinion.

9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Couldn't bring myself to watch it anyother years though. Have to admit, I much prefer American Idol. They have a better budget, better sound, real band, and much more interesting judges. I don't like the judges on Canadian Idol much, and Sass Jordan really irks me, doesn't hold a candle to Paula Abdul either. Funny, I liked her as a singer though better.

I finally got into it last year, and I enjoy the cultural differences and very different vibe of the show. Ron and I were voting for Susie Rawn all the way, was nice to actually be able to vote. Thought Susie was a huge talent. WE were pretty disgusted w/ the two finalists though. Melissa, the actual winner isn't doing much great w/ her album, either did last year's winner. I watched a bit the year Calland Porter won, and he is quite the talented kid, awesome on the fiddle.

NIce to see an American who watches some Canadian tv. Someone asked about you guys if you would watch Cdn Idol, but most said they couldn't get Cdn channels.

Jeanne
  10. kgangel

kgangel New Member

That is funny Jeanne, my husband and I were just listening to Melisa O'neal, last years Canadian Idol on the computer and she sounds pretty good, it is kind of a different song, but good. We too liked Susie though.

Yes, we live so close to Canada that we can pick up the local signal from there with out a dish. So we will be watching Canadian Idol as well again thid year.

Thanks for writing back

kgangel

glad you get American Idol there and that you enjoy it so
    much.

Thanks again to all who responded.