OT Fun Photo Contest Autumn Colors Everyone Please Read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

OK, it might be too late for this, maybe not. I had a brilliant idea for how to cheer us all up. Those most fortunate people who live in an area with Maple trees and the like and cooler weather this time of year will witness Nature's bounty in palettes of gold, red, rust, yellow, burgundy, etc.. Some of us can only dream of such magnificence.

My idea is this.... all of the lucky people who are able to, take a photo of Fall colors in your area and post in your profile. Once you've done that come to this thread and let us know that you've posted your gorgeous Autumnal work of art. The contest winner will be rewarded with our happiness, our smiles and our undying gratitude.

OK, kids dust your cameras off and say CHEESE!!!!

Lolalee
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You are a sweetheart!!! I didn't think anyone would participate so I was already prepared not to let my feelings get hurt. I really, really love Autumn and am too far South to get good color.

That's a beautiful tree...great shot!! Thanks for playing along with me.

Lolalee
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Great idea! Is there a deadline? The cottonwoods and aspens in New Mexico aren't quite at their peak yet. But here's a photo I took of the Rio Grande valley with Sandia Peak in the background.

[This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Ken, there is no deadline.

The pic that's in your profile made my heart quicken. That is truly beautiful.

Thanks so much.

Lolalee
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Great idea. Wonderful pictures so far. I don't know how to make pictures and get them on here so I will enjoy every one elses photos.
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Lolalee,

I love the fall. Our leaves here in Northern Virginia aren't quite ready BUT I do have this photo and some others on my computer as a screen saver. I thought it was really pretty.

Enjoy!!
    Pam
  7. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I live in Western Canada. This is a picture of my "back yard". My yard runs down into this Ravine and it beautiful all times of the year.
  8. webintrig

webintrig New Member

and what spectacular pics. I love the atumn colors as well. I going to see if I can find a pic with autumns colors in it.
    Thanks for sharing! Breath taking pics...smiling big here..

Soft hugs,

I actually found one that I had taken. This was outside of a little bed and breakfast cabin we stayed in for our honeymoon.[This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Keep them coming. You have no idea how happy I am just looking at these gorgeous pictures. I think Autumn colors are God's little feast for the eyes before the cold winter sets in.

This message board is such a great place. Just think of all the things that we share here. We may not be as healthy as we'd like, but we still know how to enjoy and appreciate a beautiful landscape, a funny joke and some really good friends who truly understand how we feel.

Bless you all,

Lolalee
  10. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

You are so welcome Lolalee. I have lots of photos on my computer as my daughter is in Australia going to university there.

It is a long way of course from Canada to Australia and I am so proud of her for being so brave to do this all by herself.

She will be flying home after 11 months on Dec. 4th. In the meantime I take lots of photos with my digital camera and send them too her so she won't feel left out. She does the same so we can see what she is experiencing. Thank goodness for the internet so we talk on the computer almost everyday.

hugs Redwillow
  11. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I took this last week while I'm visiting my Uncle in California. It is up near Caples Lake somewhere around Carson City. I am still out here and dread having to go back home next week.

This is fun! And I love autumn so much; it is my favorite season.
  12. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Redwillow, you must be very proud of your daughter. Australia truly is far away. I agree with you about computers..they really help us stay in touch.

Kathleen, I had to look twice at your picture. It is stunning...almost looks like a painting. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

BTW, I see that you live in MS. Are you near Ocean Springs by any chance? I've visited Ocean Springs during times when I was feeling better.

Lolalee

13. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Thank you for such a compliment. Yes, I live about 45 miles north of Ocean Springs. My Endo's office is in Biloxi and I go down there every few months.
  14. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

What lovely pictures so far. I put one in my profile. Hubby and I went pumpkin picking a few weekends ago. Here is a shot of the pumpkin field & trees in the background. We live in Southern Ontario, about an hour between Toronto and London.

Bekah
  15. boltchik

boltchik New Member

These pictures are breathtaking! I will try and find one, if I have it. But my husband will have to help me figure out how to post it. I just wanted to tell everyone that shared a photo how pretty they are. Great idea Lolalee!
    Thanks! Kim :)
  16. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Kathleen,

We are practically neighbors. I live in Fairhope AL. Now you know why I was craving some Autumnal vistas.

I know you must be enjoying your visit with your uncle, especially being around such beautiful scenery.

Take care,

Lolalee

17. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I really am enjoying everyones pictures. I love fall so much. I am going to look for some pictures too.
  18. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

Thank you. It makes a beautiful wallpaper. Glad you liked it. I get to look out and see that view for every season, and it is just incredible.

I have one of a mountain lake that is incredible. Took the pictures a couple of weeks ago, while visiting Jasper National Park (in the Canadian Rocky Mountains).
  19. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Mine doesn't show fall colors, but certainly captures the fall season with my curious puppy, Lucky.
    Love the fall photos! I could send thousands, with the fall colors we're having this year in the mountains of central Idaho. Spectacular!
    Mini
  20. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I live in FL and I miss the colors of the trees.

They are beautiful pictures!!

Thanks for sharing!