OT Funny Cold Water Cleaning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Nov 30, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Georgia.

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, John's grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast. However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking, "Are these plates clean?"

His grandfather replied, "They're as clean as cold water can get them. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!"

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, "Are you sure these plates are clean?"

Without looking up the old man said, "I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!"

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass. John yelled and said, "Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car".

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV the old man shouted ...

"COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN!!!!"

Hope you enjoyed.

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2005]
  2. starla06

starla06 New Member

for the laugh. We all need a good story now & again.
    Lea Ann
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks for the laugh! I didn't see that one coming!

Katy
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

The first is cuz my inlaws (88 & 95) moved in with us 4 months ago; we have to keep my MIL out of the kitchen as she is prone to "washing" the dishes by just rinsing and drying it with a dishtowel...

seems to have permanently forgotten there is such a thing as soap or that we have a dishwasher or even that there is such a thing..........

so I'm always finding dishes in the cabinet that feel funny/sticky or have an obvious film.....

----------

Second is cuz I remember a Dear Abby or Ann Landers letter about a family that had another family always dropping in at dinnertime... they always felt obligated to invite them to stay to eat. The visitors never offered to help clean up, nor brought anything, or reciprocated.

So one night the wife said, "Oh, I think I'll just get everything cleaned up right away" -

- whereupon she set all the dirty dishes on the floor and let the dog lick them clean... and then put them away in the cabinet. Needless to say, the so-called "friends" never came back, hehehehehe!

-------------

Thirdly, it was my fault I got my hand in the middle of a couple of my dogs in the middle of a fight and got a puncture wound very close to chipped knuckle bone from same bite...

The ER doctor said I had less chance of getting a bone infection because it was a dogbite rather than a human bite!!! --and that the dog's mouth really IS cleaner than ours...

YIKES!

LOL, Victoria
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2005]