OT funny online dating story

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rmc20021, Jun 5, 2006.

1. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I don't post on here much, but read a lot of posts from others. Thought you all might enjoy a little laugh....

I joined an online personals dating service and saw someone who caught my eye and had an interesting profile so made contact with him.

He got back with me and we exchanged a few contacts through the service. Then he gave me his regular email address and phone number. A couple more emails, and then...

He ACCIDENTALLY sent an email to me that was supposed to be sent to someone else. When he realized what he'd done, he emailed me and said he'd sent an email to me that was meant for his 'daughter'.

Fortunately, I'm no idiot and put two plus two together and got one soggy frog. I contacted the other party who the email was meant for (he actually had sent it to her but had sent a copy to me also, so I had her email address)

Well, it was NOT his daughter by any means. I'm just glad she appreciated I brought it to her attention what he was up to, and I'm glad I didn't get caught up into a relationship with someone so dishonest.

2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Not the one for you I bet.

Also wanted you to know that I meet my now hubby on the internet.Going to make 5 yrs were married.So it can happen.

Take Care
    Sue
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Good for you and Good that this happened!

Love and Blessings.....Susan
  4. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I was dating a guy for 8 months that I met online. I really cared for him and thought he cared for me just as much until the first time we had a disagreement. He ran away and hid for days....wouldn't answer his phone, return my calls or respond to my emails.

I decided at my age of 53 that I don't need the added stress of that kind of relationship.

When I finally went to his house to talk, he wanted to blame everything on my 16 yo daughter instead of take any responsibility for his own actions...which were all the lies he'd told me.

It was just easier to blame someone else I guess.

I'll just move on.
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

Met my man online too, just over eight years now. But trust me, I met a lot of frogs online before I met my prince.
  6. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I've met some very nice men on-line, and one that I like a lot, but there have been some real losers out there too!

One guy wanted to know if I was looking for a "friend with benefits"..LOL! I'm surprised that my response didn't fry his computer!

It beats the heck out of looking for someone in a bar!

- julie (is free!)

Why did God
    put love in hearts
    if we're not supposed
    to try..?
    - Radney Foster
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm w/ my fiance going on 3 yrs. We almost got married this summer, but postponed only for financial reasons. too much, too soon type thing. I have friends happily married too, liek my brother.

I did kiss (or not kiss, more like wanted to kick) some frogs before meeting Ron. but I had some longterm relationships w/ great guys that just didn't quite work, and lots of longterm friends, salt of the earth type people.

Jeanne
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Not that I'm really too old, just didn't wait for online to get started!

I answered a personnal ad through the local newspaper. I answered 3 ads, met and went out a couple times with one, met and married the other!

We met the first time on July 10, had our first date on July 14, and got married on August 14! It's been almost 11 years now, so I guess we did ok!

I tell people I bought him out of the paper.

Hugzz
    Greenbean