OT Gallbladder scan?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, May 3, 2006.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Hi all, Was wondering if anyone has had a gallbladder scan done? It's called a hida scan.

I've got one scheduled for next week, and I've read some information about the procedure, but was hoping for a first hand accounts...

Hugs,
    Twerp
  2. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

I had it done a couple of years ago. It's easy. You are injected with a radio-active dye.

They have you lie on a table under the machine that does the scan. It takes images that you can watch of how your gallbladder functions,how long it takes to empty.

It's easy, and painless. If I remember correctly I was on the table for about 40 minutes. It got kind of boring but I watched my little gall bladder do it's thing.

I was fine ( no gallbladder problems) another thing chalked up to fibro.

Good luck!
  3. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I had that done too! Only mine was barely working.
    Which I kinda figured out on my own anyway. was sick for
    months.

you can go on the wed page

www.mayoclinic.com and read all about it

be well
  4. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Hi twerp, I just had my gallbladder removed about a month ago and I had the Hida Scan and it wasn't to bad. You do have to lay there for about 45 minutes to an hour, they put on this soft music and I almost fell asleep and then they inject this substance that acts the same way as eating a high fat meal and it did make me quite sick but it didn't last long. They told me everyone reacts differently some get sick and some don't. My gallbladder showed it was not working at all. I wish you the best. I was overly worried but made it just fine.

Lillyrose
  5. twerp

twerp New Member

I really do appreciate your responses. I was getting a little anxious about the procedure, but it doesn't sound as bad as I had been thinking it would be.

Hugs to you and have a great day,

Twerp
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

yes I had this done two times. It really is easy and very efficient and finding gallbladder issues. Good luck,.

Love Anne C
  7. twerp

twerp New Member

I appreciate your input.

Hugs,
    Twerp