OT---Gallbladder ultrasound tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CFIDSNicole, Aug 10, 2005.

1. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I have been having upper GI problems for a few weeks now, maybe a month. I finally saw a doctor two weeks ago, and she said either reflux or gallbladder. So, I have been on Zantac 150 2x/day since. It has helped some, but I am still nauseas all the time and have abdominal pains and whatnot. When she presses where my gallbladder is, it hurts.

I saw her today for a followup. she ordered a blood test for H. pylori (bacteria that causes ulcers), and it came back negative. She set up a gallbladder ultrasound for me tomorrow at 11 am. No eating or drinking after midnight tonight---this will be hard because as my stomach gets empty, I get more nauseas and just miserable.

So, who knows what will come out of this. She said if it came back normal, she would order a gallbladder function test. i'm just sick of feeling yucky, you know?

Thanks for listening.
    Nicole
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

trouble. I had my gallbladder out a year ago after a lot of attacks etc and have felt a lot better since.

Rosie
  3. mtnfla

mtnfla New Member

with my gallbladder,nothing ever showed up on the ultra sound/sonagram or CT and then finally I was sent to have a hida scan done and low and below they found out that my gallbladder was disease and not working properly.Plus I also have Acid Reflex.

aure do hope you get it resolved soon on what it is and not have to suffer for a year like I did..

Take care,
    Marianne
  4. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

You guys are great. To tell you the truth, I am a little nervous because the test they did yesterday for the H. pylori bacteria antibodies came back negative, and I am worried this will come back perfectly fine, too.

I know this sounds like a very odd thing to worry about, but I have CFIDS and so far every stupid test the several doctors I have seen have given me has resulted in normal results. So, I have developed a complex about constantly flunking the medical tests and being left to ponder over whether or not I am a complete nutcase!

I am sure that if this comes back fine and the gallbladder function test comes back fine, my GP will put it down to depression and anxiety (which she thinks I have and not CFIDS--luckily, I see a different doctor for that).

I hope it all goes well today. I don't want gallbladder disease, obviously, but I do want to know why I feel so yucky all the time.

Thanks again,
    Nicole