OT, Gastritis Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Aug 25, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have chronic gastritis for some unknown reason. I know I have gallstones and wonder if that could cause the gastritis?

FYI - If anyone here has gastritis I will share one med that made me feel alot better. It is a older medication called Cafercate. It really coats your stomach and protects it from stomach acids and bile, so it can heal. It acts like a bandage over inflamed areas in your stomach. They are large tablets you take with a little water.

In addition, I am now taking Nexium twice a day. Hopefully I will be better soon.

If anyone else has gastritis I would be interested to know how you treat it. Does it cause you to have a poor appetite?
  2. jom2

jom2 New Member

i had gallstones and had surgery, still had gastritis, but it was 2 seperate types of pain, if your dr says surgery is nec then have it . it depends on where the stones are mine caused severe pain in upper back and stomach sometimes gallstones can cause severe problems other than gastritis. good luck and make sure you have a dr you trust
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]i now take aciphex allternate with over the counter axid nexium is very strong and cause more problems but everyone is different hope this helps
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Yes, I have had several bouts of gastritis, and don't have gallstones as far as I know. I do have hiatus hernia.

The only thing that helps me is drinking really warm water and a hot water bottle. I know it can be soooo painful.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sue in ONtario