OT: GeorgaC and All

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by windblade, Aug 17, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Elizabeth and everyone,

How did your week go?

Just going to have dinner, then will write some more.

Hope you are all doing well.

Love, Judy
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I was just finishing writing out a long description of my trip last Friday, when the electricity went out for the second time tonight - and there went my post.

How frustrating - I've been waiting to get some energy since last week to share my day.

Will try again.
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Well, we had a marvelous time last Friday - everything was a feast for the senses. I picked a perfect weather day, alternately sunny and cloudy, and COOL.

We saw a huge eagle just coasting along on the air currents, and bright yellow orioles high up in the trees.
    There was a species of squirrels that were new to me, with white stomachs, and they hopped more than undulated like most squirrels do.

I ended up walking for hours! I had a sturdy walking stick and took frequent rests, but was absolutely thrilled at how much ground I covered. Even Paul was getting out of breath at one point, and I still wanted to go on.

There is an annual garden that is a whole acre, this time planted with a variety of flowers in oranges, reds, and yellows, next to a wildflower garden filled with butterflies.

There are carved stone fountains with cooling waters, and mythological statues throughout the estate. Pan playing on his flute, Diana the huntress, and putti tucked away in the greenery.
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

My favorite thing to see this time were the waterlily pools stocked with goldfish that were all shades of orange and gold,and a startling irridescent yellow and black, and a huge mottled goldfish that would shock me by its size everytime it emerged from under the green leaves.

I love the waterlily plants also because I've seen hundreds of Chinese and other Asian paintings of them over the years.

Paul is the most enjoyable companion, since we're both very visuable people, it doubles the fun pointing things out to each other. We can easily spend a half hour just looking at clouds and commenting on their colors and shapes.

There is also a long orchard, a Tudor manor house, a Perrenial garden with hundreds of flowers and plants all mixed together like an English garden.

I felt so revived, and peaceful, and at home! It was glorious. We started going there over 24 years ago when we were dating, and we found it by chance. And now it's the New Jersey Botanical Gardens!

Beauty is certainly a great tonic!
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Elizabeth, didn't your last post say that you were giving spinning lessons this weekend? As well as selling your knitting at the market?

When will you start your new job? Will you be doing art with your patients?

Good for you, lots of new ventures!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2008]
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Your camping trip sounded amazing! I can't believe how active you were with rowboating and canoeing! I love boats and the water. And a campfire with s'mores. What a wonderful vacation!!!
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

That's wonderful that you're going to start sellng your work. Who knows where it could lead to? It's brave to start new undertakings.

8. windblade

windblade Active Member

any photo of a chimp but I love the one of Ursula and your kitty practically nose to nose!

That's good about the knitting for fund-raisers then. It helps the people you want to help, and there is the tax deduction.

Are you using your natural fibres at all - Shetland?
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Wow, you are so adventurous!!! Is it a fast-moving river or a slow, meandering one? Gulp! It sounds like so much fun, but I'm a lousy swimmer.

You are doing great, Fight! I had a 3-4 day post-exertion- fatigue spell just after my walking trip.

I need to build up my strength after my bad 7-week spell. I'm eating better, slowly taking supplements. Boy, I really went downhill fast!

10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

just call me anna nicole smith.....this court battle has really rattled my brains...but who cares when you can have a commercial and yell out a car at everyone and say, "don't cha like my bodddyyy?"

but now i am pregnant and i will not tell anyone who the father is...because i may wind up on the jerry springer show...it maybe my son-in-law's...i'm not telling.....

well fight i need those antivirals...sad thing is my dr's say they won't test for lymes..cause they claim it isn't accuarate...

whatever...

well ursula is a big baby....georgiac do you have her binky out for her.lol...

they are almost human beings...my rottweiler, ator, i told you about him before...boy if he did something bad...like maybe get into my laundry basket and get my darn underwear out and suck holes through them...yes they were clean...i would yell at him and he would sulk...lower that head and look up at you...he was so cute...my son and i miss him...they are they greatest dogs on earth...smartest too..

i was his favorite i guess...he got mad at me when i left to go give birth to cody...i was gone away for like threee days..i walk into the house holding cody, in my arms.

he sniffed cody, was wagging his little nubby tail...then jumped up to give me a kiss on the lips...then he growled lowly to let me know he was p.o. that i was gone...

he used to do this whenever my ex-hb was gone away for schools or overnighters at work...uscg...and he would be at one end of the house... and run up to the big pic window cause he heard, daddy's truck coming down the road and he would be wagging his tail...then meet him at the door...jump up and give this 6'3" man a kiss on the lips then get down..then he would growl real low...just to let you know he he was mad you were gone..

he used to turn on and off the shower faucet and the water spickets outside...flip up his gate latch...turn the door knob to let himself outside,,,

i called him hoodini..

this should be on that dog thread...

true story everyone..

glad everyone seems to be doing fairly well...

fight has to get ready for tour de france...or atleast tour de cheese////

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2006]