OT: Great cure for cold sores!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Last year I started getting cold sores on top of everything else - my aunt told me to take a supplement called Lycopene - IT WORKS GREAT!!!

Yesterday I started to get one so I took a 10 mg tablet and it was gone this morning. I know they are bothersome for others so I hope this helps.

Kelly
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Does Lycopene have L-lysine in it?

I have used Lysine for a long time in getting rid of cold sores. Basically the same thing you did, as soon as I feel one coming on I take the L-lysine and within hours it is drying up. Most of the time it never gets to the blister stage, but if it does then I put Hydrogen Peroxide on a q-tip and rub it on it. The peroxide kills the virus and makes the tissue involved healthy really quick.

But you can never have too many ways to treat those nasty cold sores!! Thanks for the info!

Sincerely
    JL
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

My grandson gets these sores inside his mouth - inside the cheek, on his tongue, and on his gums.

There is a toothpaste that I bought for him made by Rembrandt that is especially for Canker Sores. That is exactly what it is called: Rembrandt .. for Canker Sores.

It is supposed to prevent them. He has been using it for about a month and so far, no sores!

I could not find it at Wal-Mart or the little pharmacy in my hometown.

I had to go to a larger chain pharmacy like Rite-Aid or CVS. I got it at Rite-Aid.

Just thought I would pass this along ... it might also help someone else!

Janet
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

According to the bottle it just has 10 mg of Lycopene per softgel. It says to take 1 per day. I have gotten them (sores)ever since my grandfather passed - they are inside my mouth and bothersome. It is wierd how they go away after just one pill!

Have a great day!
    Kelly