OT: Guess what?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Aug 27, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I found out why my post was deleted and I went ahead and deleted the second one before they did. Thanks to all who showed me support. I really appreacte it. Here is the email I received from Pro Health:

----- Original Message -----
    To:
    Cc: <techsupport@prohealth.com>
    Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:52 PM
    Subject: Message from Prohealth Administrators

> Your post stating your intention to leave the site was removed as we have previously requested these types of post to not be made. They generally only serve to draw attention seeking.
    >
    >
    > We wish your luck in coping with your current situation, and hope you will decide to return to posting and chatting with us.
    >
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You know, I understand Pro-health admin's feeling that those posts where someone feels wronged and leaves in a huff (and gets the requisite responses begging them to stay) are attention seeking.

What I don't really understand is why it's not okay to say, I'm feeling overwhelmed and sick, so I'm taking a break, or I'm going to be out of the country and not able to post for a couple of months, or I'm going back to school so I probably won't post til the semester's over, or due to financial crisis, I've lost my internet access, so I won't be on for a while....I've seen ALL of these, and I'm not sure what's wrong with any of them. Many have been here a long time and it's just nice to inform folks rather than just disappear overnight.

I read your post rather quickly, I admit, but what I took from it was that you were feeling sicker and overwhelmed and did not have the energy right now to spend time here. Perfectly understandable to me...and kind of you to let folks know.

As I said, I DO understand why Pro-Health did NOT want posts where members "storm out" in writing...that's understandable also.

It would be nice to be able to discriminate, though, between leaving and...leaving.

Hugs,
    Pam