OT Had call from my daughter at college

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Aug 27, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

She sounded pretty good. they had a bus trip to Newport (RI) and saw the mansions and went shopping. Today they are doing community service work. They are keeping them busy til classes start (Aug 30)so they won't be homesick.

Michelle
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Sounds good Michelle! But, How are YOU doing?

I'm sure the shopping trip helped too! LOL And, meeting new people and making new friends is always a good thing.

I forgot to ask you...How old is your daughter and what is her major?

3. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

Where is she going to school? My daughter leaves next SUnday for college, Bridgewater State, she will only be about 20 minutes away but I am really getting sad about not seeing her every day.

So how are you doing surviving her move to school and do you have other children at home?

Stephanie
  4. FM58

FM58 New Member

Is your daughter going to URI?

Um, now that I think about it, probably not- a friend's daughter is a freshman there & she's bringing her Saturday of Labor Day weekend. This girl is going to row for URI & is soooo excited! So, they must start later than your daughter's college.

Actually, my friend & I are looking forward to watching the crew regatta's. I remember visiting the mansion's when I was in college - so I told my friend that's what we would do, when we went to visit her daughter.

I'm wishing your daughter the best at school - & you as a mom, take it easy!! Things will be OK. Your daughter will meet people at school & keep in touch by phone. Go visit on parents weekend : )

My son is about 2+ hours away in PA, living off campus & has grown up tremendously. He did not even come home this summer! He stayed at school because he had to pay for the room in the house all year anyway. We are visiting him this weekend. The Beach Boys are giving a concert in his college town - to celebrate the town's Bicentennial! So I'll be there for the Beach Boys!!

Michelle, how far away are you from her college? When my son was a sophmore we let my younger one go up & stay over night. It was a super bonding experience for both of them. I also sent "care" packages for all sorts of occassions (Happy Fall, Halloween, early Thanksgiving etc.) including cookies, snacks maybe a t-shirt or socks, chapstick - anything I thought my son might need at the time, or was "cutsey".

Good Luck being a college Mommy!

Patty
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

is at Roger Williams University in Bristol, she is 18 and a Visual Arts Major, plus she has Asperger's Syndrome.....so this was a big move for all of us. I am doing ok. I felt a little blue yesterday. My husband is more nervous than I am. I know I prepared her ok. I gave her as many tools as I could in dealing with life outside the home. She is very high functioning, has her own room there..... it is quiet here without her. My other daughter age 16 misses her too but now we can get her ready for school which starts next week. I have already ordered some care packages to be sent but I will do a few of my own too...she has a lot of supports.....thanks for all your good thoughts everyone.

Michelle