OT: Happy Bastille Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Jul 14, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

"LET THEM EAT FREEDOM FRIES"!!!
    (with mayo)

Take a Frenchman to lunch today.
    MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I remember a wonderful bastille day in Paris. I watched the parade down the Champs Elysees and took in the party atmosphere. That was the summer before I got sick. Oh to have those carefree days back again!

Kathy.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

As it is our anniversary today we always google the French National Anthem and listen to a rousing chorus or two. I love it-it is such a great tune and words.

Happy birthday.

Love Anne Cromwell

A little known fact is that Marie Antoinette in fact, not being French said let them eat brioche which is a white light bread rather than than pan the peasant wholemeal bread that was in such short supply, and said it with somne naievity, as in "Well, if there is no pan let them eat brioche" cake never came into it...

[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

If you have OLN on cable (if you have Comcast, you probably have this channel), you can watch the Tour de France race each day. Yesterday, the riders were in the Pyrenees, crossing from France into Spain. In several more days, they'll be in the French Alps.

That brioche is sounding pretty good, Anne!

Kholmes
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Singing the French Anthem today and English too?? You
    English (in all due respect) have been a bit confused
    since we French crossed the Channel in 1066 A.D. How-
    ever, you did give the Romans quite a bit of trouble for
    a great number of years. Didn't Ceasar have his Gaul??

A great weekend to all,
    MRDAD

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To Mom and me when we visited in '89. Every time I see pics of Paris, it tugs at my heart. I'm not French but I had the haunting feeling that I had come home when we got to Paris. Past life?

Love, Mikie