OT Hired some yard help am a nervous wreck.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shootingstar, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

This should be making me feel better -- getting a lot of heavy work done that's been piling up -- edging to keep grass from growing into planting borders, weed block and rock in some of the planting areas, lots of pruning etc. Instead I am stressed to the max having someone in my yard. What is wrong with me?

The person I've hired is really nice, doing a very good job, works hard. The shrubs etc. are not getting pruned exactly the way I like -- a natural look -- but they were really overgrown and I had known some things would probably end up looking like blobs for a while -- but I am still stressed.

Does anyone else get nervous having workers around? This is something I had put off doing too long because I really don't feel I can afford it, but can't afford to let the place deteriorate either. I keep telling myself to calm down. Ridiculous. Thanks for letting me vent!
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am the same way

My husband doesn't like yardwork, so he avoids it like the plague

We really can't afford to hire someone to do the work
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

If you're anything like me, you probably have always done things yourself, and kind of a prefectionist. I've had a really hard time of letting go of the idea that everything has to be done just so so. It still bothers me that I can't keep the house and yard up the way I did before this DD. I tend to worry when I hire someone to do a job too. I want it done right.

I don't have an answer for you except just try to do something to get your mind off of it. I know it's really hard, but I've found that if I stress over something, I'll be crashing in a few days.

Barb

4. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Yes, I have definite perfectionist tendencies, something I need to tone down. I think part of this may be just that I am used to being alone during the day and for some reason just knowing someone is on the property stresses me. Not rational I know.

Your suggestion to find some things to do to keep my mind off this is right Barb. Thank you.
  5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I just had MAJOR clean-up in our yards yesterday. My husband has neglected our yard areas for so long that I looked through the Pennysaver and hired someone. They worked for 7 hours and could not believe how much stuff they had to haul away! But, it looks so much better!

My dogs were freaking out because they had blowers and lawn mowers going on at the same time, but I am really happy I had it done! I understand how you feel, I couldn't stand how the yard looked anymore. Sure hope it works out, I'm sure you will be glad you did.

Laura
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Read your profile and see you are from San Diego. I lived a few miles north of there, Vista, for several years. Loved the San Diego area -- wonderful climate. Hear the surrounding areas have grown considerably now.

Glad your yard work turned out well. I'll love having this finished!
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Just think your yard will be really nice to get it ready for what ever you want now. kinda like a short hair cut looks better when it grows out a little.

You will be getting ready to plant again this fall like tulips here and something else there. So while they are cleaning up you plan out your beautiful yard for next year.

I also feel it saves on my husbands wear and tear we are getting older and can not stay in the sun long. Just enjoy it and don't worry it always grows back lol
  8. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Yes, a haircut -- had that today too! Peace.