OT How do take the 90's and 100's??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Jul 27, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

How are you standing the heat wave and it's 90's and 100's? We have had just 90's so far here in Indiana and I stay in/ Hate humidity.

Let us know also where you live.

Keep Cool

Joan
  2. gumama

gumama New Member

Hi

I love in the desert of Southern California near Palm Springs... it has been in the triple digits for the last two weeks, last Sat it was 117 at my HOUSE......

The electric company is going to be very rich... we have the humidity as well, which is something we usually don't have in the desert... I just drink plenty of water mixed with Gatorade ( have to keep the electalights in balance) and try and not do a lot... rest when I can ..and stay in doors and go out ONLY when necessary.

gumama
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm very fortunate to have a choice -- AC.

I truly mean that I stay inside. The 'outside-est' I get is walking to and from the car (also air-conditioned).

To my mind, summer in the blistering heat is just the southern version of a northern blizzard in winter. Anyone with any common sense knows to protect themselves and stay inside.

I also keep a copy of a heat/humity chart on my desk to remind me that it is also *dangerous* to be outside without understanding the way a human body reacts, never mind MY body, with a 'broken thermostat'.

Last summer I was in Massachusetts in early June. I usually look forward to this as a respite from the early Florida summer, but there was a heat wave, and I was staying in a house without AC. It took me several weeks to recover from the heat stress I subjected myself to by having to clean the house before the end of vacation to get ready for the next family.
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

We're having better temperature this year but it rains every day my yard is a mud hole. It has been in the 90's usually in the hundreds.. I live around Galveston, Texas Never hardly go out in the evening is nice but the mosquite are so bad this year Sharon
  5. mary124

mary124 New Member

I live in Austin, Tx. It is HOT here, High 90's this week, a few weeks ago, it topped over a 100. Like someone else said, the light company is going to be rich, but hey, we got to have it!!
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

more weather
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It has finally cooled off alot here in California. I'm
    in the Bay Area again, but when I lived in the HOT No.
    Sacramento Valley I had a method that worked fairly well.

I'd watch the Early Morning local news for the days wea-
    ther prediction. If they indicated it was going to reach
    95 degrees, I'd immediately close all my doors and win-
    dows and set my gas wall heater up to 110!! When I went
    outside at three in the afternoon and it was 95, it didn,t
    feel bad at all!!

Oh boy, (??)
    MRDAD

8. JLH

JLH New Member

Joan,

Here in Northeastern Kentucky, it's in the 90's with high humidity, too.

I can't take that type of weather--makes me physically ill.

We're lucky to have central A/C. We keep it set at 68 in the heat of the summer, so I just stay inside.

I'm retired now, so I have no reason to go outside unless I have to go to the doctor or grocery store. However, I also have a car with A/C! I just move from one A/C'd place to another!

P.S. Summer is my LEAST FAVORITE of the four seasons! I never did like the heat I am also fortunate that my husband is able to take care of the lawn, etc.

Hugs,
    Janet
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

It is HOT HOT HOT here. One day our thermometer read 108. It was over 100 for about 4-5 days. I just stay inside, unless I am going to the pool. If I do go out I wait till about 6:00-6:30pm when the sun has gone down and it has cooled off.

Kriket
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I’m in IL with temperatures in the 90s and heat indices in the 100s. I have air-conditioning, but to keep from causing a brown-out, I use my reusable ice packs around my shoulder or across my lap to keep cool while I am at my computer. To keep the ice pack in place around my neck, I use my Bed Buddy (microwave heat pack) to hold it. Obviously (I hope), I don’t heat up the Bed Buddy.
  11. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

hot and hotter
  12. Rose73

Rose73 New Member

I live in Idaho. It finally cooled down to the 90's, and I can feel it. It is still hot outside but it is cooler inside.

I didn't take the heat very well. It got up to 108 here and in town to 112. That was in the area I worked. I was glad I didn't work that day.

I do not have a working airconditioning in my car. And on the really hot days, the airconditioning didn't work well. It was blowing hot air. It was stressful dealing with the heat, and driving 25 miles each day.

I would drink alot of water. I find also that having a bowl of icecream when I get home from working after turning on my airconditioning and have a fan blowing on me, would cool me off pretty fast.

I like early summer, but this year it acted like late summer. Now I am ready for fall.

Rose