OT: How do you know if you are going through Menopause?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendy5, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I am in my late 30's and everyone tells me I am too young to be going through pre-menopause but I experience hot flashes, panic attacks and mood swings all the time...LOL.

Everyone is freezing while I am burning up 24/7.

Just wondering if this has anything to do with my frequent migraines?

Any input is appreciated!

carolin
  2. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

I HAVE NIGHT SWEATS AND LATELY HAVE BEEN HOT DURING THE DAY
    NOT HOT FLASHES THROUGH
    I TOLD MY DOCTOR LAST NIGHT AND HE SAID WITH MY AGE IT WAS MENOPAUSE

LORD HELP US ALL LIKE WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WRONG
    BARBARA
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi everybody,

I think I will make an appointment with my OB Doctor to see if it is menopause, I think it is.

Not for sure about my mom, she passed away several years ago and I never really knew her. (sad)

As far as my sister we are close but we don't discuss personal stuff.....LOL.....I guess just the age difference maybe.

I also get flushed in the face alot too but I guess that falls under the category of hot flashes.

My menstral cycle has never been normal either and is worse this year than ever.

Thank You all for responding.....it means alot!

Love & Hugs

carolin
  4. Vette

Vette New Member

I had a partial hyst. at 30 so no longer had periods but had my ovaries still, by the time I was 37 I was having "night sweats", and wearing sleeveless tops to work while always carrying a matching blazer with me. I was in and out of my clothes all day and had a fan & heater under my desk. I also noticed some "intimate" changes but didn't think about inner shrinking being from that. Oh! what us Nurses forget when practicing in Nursing Homes. All better, have been pleased with Climara Patch (once weekly). It'll be okay. My Sister's and Mom were Peri-Menopausal early too.

Vette
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't think you're too young to be going through peri-menopause. Do a google search on it and read up all you can on it. Then, make an appt with your GYN. He/she can do some lab work and tell if you're going through it or not.

My doc did some specific blood test when I was in my late 30s and it was elavated, so he put me on Premarin then. (Of course, I can't remember the name of the test.) I also had a partial hysterectomy at age 32. I am over 55 now and still taking Premarin, feeling great on the menopause symptoms, just feeling lousey on everything else!! LOL

I used to have frequent migraines. As soon as I got into my 40's, they became more and more infrequent. So I think hormones were a large part of it. Also, they got better when my doc put me on Zoloft--which helped with the stress because a lot of mine were stress related. Since I retired in 1999, I have had many headaches, but I have not had any "real migraines"!

jlh